Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well this is a good laugh for those that want to read it. As some of you know, for my summer job im working TLE at Walmart (doing auto work). Anyway, this kid comes up today in an early 90s Pontiac Grand Am. could have even been older than that. He gets outta the car, I start taking his info for his oil change, and then it came time for me to get his plate numbers:

*suspense*

I look towards the center of the front of the vehicle, and he notices I dont see anything. I see outta the corner of my eye that the plate is in the far bottom corner of the car. So I get the plate number entered into the computer and I hear "That's JDM right there." Im like "Excuse me?" . He says "Thats JDM right there. The plate isnt in the center of the vehicle." I half way smirk because I could barely go on without dyiing. He goes on to give me a spiel "Well, living in the Midwest, a lot of people dont know JDM at all. The plate being in the corner is JDM, but not many know that. " I nod my head and do my best not to laugh at this poor 16 year old (probably) kid. He says "Did you know that was JDM? I bet youve never even heard of it huh?" I couldnt bear to tell the kid that he was dumber than a bag of hammers. I just shook my head and told him Ive never heard of it, and to have a nice day. He couldnt let me go with just that then. I had to hear how it hood BOLTS were JDM. Not pins. Im talkin 3/4 bolts sticking from the outside of his hood into his radiator brace. That was JDM. I couldnt take it anymore. I just told him to have a nice day, and that I have to get to work back in the shop. Bout damn near killed me to laugh that hard afterward.

I guess I learn something new everyday. So apparently an early 90s Grand Am, with an off center plate is a JDM mod, and so are bolts in the hood. Wouldnt have guessed it, but they are!

Absolutely made my day!

Scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You should of asked him if it had a V-Tech. Some people are so dumb.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
wow i wouldn't have been able to take it. i woulda just slapped the boy, dragged him by his hair over to your car and said "thats jdm ass hat!!"

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha. well its funny you mention that yellow sub! this whole time talking to me, my car was behind him sitting there. i had to take a quick glance at it everytime he said "JDM" just for my own pleasure and sanity. i didnt even want to start with it though. kids these days. $20 says he probably JUST say F&F3.

scotty

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
hahaahhaa!!!!!!! thats great!

hmm...i saw an old Dodge Caravan and the front license plate is on the left corner bumper. does that makes it "JDM"? LOL!!!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Well while on the subject...a few months ago i talked to this dude, or should i say listened to him...The whole story is so funny and way too long to type...but i'll put in the funniest parts...He claimes he has a 89(i think) accord that he swapped in a, get this, a Impala V8, and a $4K tranny that he sent to Japan to get a 6th gear put in...right...and his wife has a, at first he said sunfire, but she pulled up and it was a dodge stratus or its counterpart...right, you yourself swapped in a V8 and you don't know what kind of car it was...the accord has NOS, that he uses the purge to lift up womens skirts at the club. His wife raced a guy before for $10k and the guy drove off, he ended up catching him later and made him give up $20K... And get this, his "project car" was one of those cars that steve urkel drove, you know, the small BMW with the 3 wheels...and he said he "converted" it so now he has two in the front and back...I swear my head was hurting from listening to that...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Man those are some funny stories!! Its crazy because here in Cali there are so many people driving fixed up cars and only half of them know anything about what the mods do and the difference between OEM and JDM...etc etc etc! Its crazy how stupid people make themselves out to be just to try to make themselves look good! Oh well at least we can sit back and have a good laugh at other peopes expense! :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble but JDM and OEM aren't that much different, JDM is a "branch" of OEM...Most of the things we call JDM are OEM...Now JDM and USDM, they are different branches...

·
Registered
827 Posts
There is a guy I work with that has a hyundai Sonata and swears he goes around whipping new Mustang GT's with it bone stock. he also claims that with bolt-ons he can get his up to 1500 hp to the wheels......right...... I cant stand to hear his voice.....

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Today I noticed my little brothers car had a JDM front plate too!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
I hate to burst your bubble but JDM and OEM aren't that much different, JDM is a "branch" of OEM...Most of the things we call JDM are OEM...Now JDM and USDM, they are different branches...
No bubble bursted! I completly understand the concept of JDM, OEM and USDM just threw those out there for the sake of converstaion!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Wow, why can't these people just come in and buy cars from me? It would be so great just to have somebody believe everything I said for once. Obviously Scott's kid believes everything he saw on 3 Fast 3 Furious in Da Hood!

Hmmm, just super funny as hell that this kid picked Scott of all people to BS like that. He's so damn JDM that he picks up Asian girls by asking to see their passport! Gotta make sure they're AUTHENTIC!!!!:eek:

Way to maintain professionalism in the face of a dumbass though Scott!

-Alex

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh thoes are some good storys...it reminds me of this time I was talking to some kids from school, who mind you were taking automotive classes, thought that the Eclipse in The original fastandthefourious(sp) had a HYDROLIC transmittion...uhh what the?? Then i had to explane how a turbo worked.

·
Registered
201 Posts
freaking retards

WTF is the world full of wANKSTAs? i want to call out ever *** face out there.

this reminds me... sunday i started to drive and tried to do burn outs around arlington, texas. I came to this light and i didnt have a left green arrow but i had the light and no one was coming on the opposite direction so i reved it up to 4000 popped the clutch with my e-brake up and did a second long burnout and this retarded mexican on the left of me going a different direction in their 95 or so honda stared at me like i was retarded as the other mojo behind them with a GTR spoiler on a 93 eclispe. I left that intersection feeling better about my 06BSP. At least i have Toyota/Lexus quality and i dont need to have a latino father to fix my car when vtec dies or engine over heats.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.