Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for the great times everyone! The Fallen Heroes Car is no more.

Due to recent accusations of me using "dead troops" to get free stuff for my xB I have decided to leave the Scion modding community. I would like to thank all of the great companies who sponsored the Fallen Heroes Car. While the project did not last as long as I would have hoped, I know we have raised the awareness of our Fallen Heroes to hundreds of thousands of people and contrary to the belief of a few people, that was the goal of the project in the first place

I would also like to thank the Scion Life desert & Salt community for supporting the Fallen Heroes Car and for the great friendships I have made over the past 10 months.

All of the items donated to the xB will be removed and return over the next week. The Fallen Heroes Car wrap will be removed tonight. I will not be logging into this account anymore so if you send a PM it will not be read. The http://www.fallenheroescar.org website is now being redirected to the Scion Like Desert & Salt forum.

I just bought a new BMW for my wife so I will now move on to working on mods for it.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
sorry to hear that man. i found your effort to be very valiant, and for a great cause. Im sorry people had to try and tarnish it like they did. i hope it was not any people on clubxb that had given you this view. you're always welcome back if you ever so choose.

scotty

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Dude, that sucks! Everytime I saw your car in pics, I thought of our troops. How hard they work to get the job done. How they die every day for our freedom. I never once thought you did that to get parts. Shame on those who feel you did such a thing!

I know you're leaving the community, but your efforts and vehicle holds a special place in the world.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Dude, it for sure sucks! I feel the same way as BoomBox and I when I saw your xB in pictures and your website, i thought of it as a good cause. Your appreciating the troops for everything they have done. I'm sorry to see it end this way. I never had the chance to meet you but I did see you at the Valley-Hi Scion show. Take care and hope everything goes well for you.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
damn

some people just have to ***** and hate :mad: seems they could have spent the energy supporting your cause instead of criticizing it:rolleyes: sorry to see such hard work go by the wayside. and xB or not don't be a stranger to this site :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CAR ....

AND NOW FOR THE PEOPLE WHO SAID THOSE THINGS F/U "SORRY SCOTT YOU KNOW ME " WHO CARES IF THE CAR GOT FREE STUFF THAT WAS NOT THE POINT . YOU F/EN GOOF'S . IF YOU COULD NOT SEE PAST THAT YOU ARE SHALLOW AND HAVE THE WRONG IDEA . THE CAR WAS FOR THE TROOPS .AND TO HONOR THEM AND ALL WHO SERVE IN THE ARMED FORCES. I JUST WISH I HAD COULD GIVE THE CAR FREE PARTS BUT I CANT . ALL I CAN DO IS PRAY FOR THE TROOPS AND THERE FAMILIES IN HOPE FOR A SAFE RETURN. THAT XB SHOULD NOT GO OUT LIKE THIS IT IT SHOULD BE PUT I A MUSEUM FOR THE ARMED FORCES . ME BEING AN EX- MARINE I SAY YOU THAT TALK CRAP LETS SEE YOU GO FIGHT EVEN IF YOU THINK IT WRONG THEY WENT EVEN IF YOU THINK ITS WRONG THEY STILL GO . WHY BECAUSE THATS THERE JOB.AND YES THERE CHOICE . BUT TO POINT THE FINGER AND SAY IT SO HE COULD GET FREE STUFF IS COMPLETE F#$KEN BULL SH!T . LOOK AT YOUR SELF IN THE MIRROR INSTEAD OF AT SOMEONE WHO WAS JUST TRYING TO DO SOMETHING GOOD IN THIS F/ED UP WORLD

ANY ??? F/OFF:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:SOME PEOPLES OFFSPRING

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Hey! Short Bus had an excellent idea!

Donate the car to a Museum. At least keep it for awhile, don't let the haters hate.

If I could, I'd scoop this car up immediately! At least give it a thinking to!

·
Registered
759 Posts
THAT CAR IS FOR ALL THE FALLEN MEN AND WOMEN NOT JUST OF THIS F/ED UP WAR BUT ALL THE WARS THAT THAT PEOPLE HAVE DIED IN THAT CAR IS NOT PRO OR CON WAR IT WAS A ROLLING MEMORIAL SO IT SHOULD LOOK AND BE TRICK .... PUT THAT CAR IN A MUSEUM!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A lot of people have been asking me who said it. And after much thought I've decided "what the hell". Here is a screenshot of the post.

Recently Randode from Phoenix and I have had a disagreement. The person who posted the comment is his cousin. Due to this post and a lot of other drama that has been going on lately the Scion modding scene just is not fun anymore and I have decided to "walk away" before I do something that would bring any disgrace on our Fallen Heroes.

http://www.robertbasil.com/dwestxb.jpg

·
Registered
759 Posts
I Have Went Through The Same In The Scion Family . But Then Again
I Said To Myself .. Its My Car F-them If They Dont Like It Or Try To Push Negative My Way They Just Dont Get It Or Are Jealous They Have
Nothing Nor The Life I Would Want ...

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
dude, sell me the car. I will continue on the legacy of it's purpose and meaning. Who cares what one little chip in the bag thinks. I would proudly take this to the next level. This would only cause me to go bigger and better. National TV, talk shows, the works to explain what the cause is about. I am being serious here, I know a few people in the right places, we could try and make this happen. Freebies or not, those were just a companies way of saying hell ya, bring it on. Even better, what if you returned all the stuff that the companies gave you, and all your clubxB buddies piched in to help?

·
Registered
570 Posts
your car is a tribute.... 'nuff said keep it and when you "show it" show it only as a tribute and not for a trophy..... THAT may make some A$$#0L3 happy, cause your not in it for the "win"...... why do some jerka$$e$ have to spoil it for all..... :(

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Man don't walk away from the Fallen Heroes because of one nut sack or a dozen. I'm ex Army from another time and war we were spat on and cursed when we returned and not many stood up for us. We just did our jobs for our country, weather we believed in the war or not wasn't the point. We loved our country and had the Balls to do what was asked of us. Your xB in my mind is a tribute to all our troops past and present and is appreciated by all of us that serve or have served don't turn your back on us. Represent and let the haters hate thats all they are good for. God bless you for what you have done and I hope you will continue to do.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Wicked Expressions
46 Posts
if i met the slap nuts who posted that crap in an alley he'd never walk the same. and i guess hes with scikotics for what i see

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry in advance for what im about to say. **** that piece of **** that said that!!!!!!! I swear to god that if i had 5 minutes alone with that guy in a locked room i would handle this forreal. Man dont let the fallen heroes car go... just think they gave their lives for our country...your trying to make everyone remember that. Dont let one asshole mess that up....please.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
WHAT?!?!?! i havent even seen the car in person and i loved it... dont listen to those jerks... you have all the best supports here in club xb...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If you give up every time someone accuses you of being deceitful or a user then people who try to raise awareness will never succeed. My fraternity has a wonderful philanthropy called Push America. Many have accused the first few rides of people wanting to get parts and a free tour of the US for their coast to coast bicycle ride. This was not the case, we trumped thorough it and anyone who is active in organized bicycle riding or racing has heard and respects us.

I don't know if you will respect this opinion, but I am a Christian and if Christ had given up when they said he used his power to proclaim himself then where would we be?

I suggest not to do this even though I know that it is possibly too late.

"Never give up never surrender" Tim Taylor

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I dont think I'll be purchasing from Randode anytime soon...

You had a great idea and did something with your xB that was bigger than the the car and how many mods it has, infact if it only had just the wrap it still would be just as inspirational. Seeing it at the Vally High show and meeting you and your friend was cool. My father was a Marine in WW2 and I grew up on his war stories. I never can figure out why people diss the armed services.
Sorry you decided to move on but I respect your decision Robert.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.