Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone on here was planning on test driving the 08. If so you can go to scionbackstage.com and register. The password is roadie...go to scion enthusiast and type roadie to register or see when they will be in your area,...read it on SL but not here yet. They start in San Francisco on 3/28-3/29/07. Just looking for some firsthand experiences/opinions.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I'm registered and doing down here next week. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool,...you have one of the.. if not my favorite boxes so
I'm sure you can give a true/honest opinion of the "not really a box anymore" 08.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
FINALLY got to drive the 2008 xB yesterday. KC region has one and they brought it to Ames for an event yesterday. I had to get it washed and I took the "long way" to the detail department.

Damn that thing drives well! It was an auto, so power wasn't super impressive (but it was still very good) but the ride quality and comfort were GREAT!

I put the seat back and could straighten my legs even! BTW, I'm 6'3" for those that don't know me.

I've been saying for quite a while that driving is probably going to be what sells these particular cars. I think that was right now.

-Alex

·
Registered
611 Posts
i'm going to have to see one on the road before i finally decide what i really think of the new xb.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Nothing good ever happens in Mississippi :(

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
They are a nice ride, really. What struck me the most about them was how quiet they were and the very decent handling (even with the extra body roll).

There should be NO problem selling them. :D

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i took a test drive at the Scion Backstage. i wasnt used to it, it was just too big for me!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Up here in the other corner of the map the Scion BackStage tour only hits one city in Oregon and one in Washington, so obviously they aren't covering everywhere.

Are any of the stops even close to Tampa?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Try looking for something in Mississippi. Oh yeah we don't even exist unless you want to build your new Highlander plant because of our cheap labor.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Too bad you can't make it, that's only about 85 miles, TomRaz - here in Washington state, the only showing is like 295 miles from the second largest city in the state. I doubt anyone from there will be showing up (600 mile round trip?). :rolleyes:

Looks like they are hitting mostly near where the major concentrations of Scions have been sold.

They should be at your local dealer really soon, though - some are at dealers already...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I thought the xB2 was a little too floaty for my liking. Just no feedback from the steering wheel when the car was in a turn. But people like to drive big SUV's and such and they drive like that too. I thought seating position was a bit too low as well. So I guess Scion listened to those that complained the xB was too bouncy in stock form. Man, I'll take it anyday ove the 79 Deville I drove today....I mean xB2

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The power steering did seem a bit 'disconnected' from what was happening when I drove it, too. I was wondering if that was anything to do with the fact that is isn't the usual hydraulic power steering, but electrically driven - whatever THAT means... Possibly the controller for the electric motor(s) puts in too much dampening.

http://www.automotivedesignline.com/howto/165600237

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
ah yes, another reason I don't too much electronics driving the car for you. You should see the tC when I drive it. Automatic and i left foot brake sometimes as a habit from go-cart racing and my other spirited driving techniques. It doesn't like that and the car will jerk sometimes. funny stuff.
I should add the Daytona uses a cable clutch and cable shifter. talk about a chore to drive, but I know exactly wha tthe car is doing by feel.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
You should see the tC when I drive it. Automatic and i left foot brake sometimes as a habit from go-cart racing ......
when i had an auto i did the same thing for the same reason

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got off the phone with the local Scion Dealer Rep. I asked him when the 08 Xb was going to be available. He responded "We should have one in here by the end of the month to take a look at."

·
Registered
185 Posts
I drove one last night at backstage, and I was suprised that I liked it so much. Even the "styling" is growing on me, slowly... My wife really liked the xB2, I think we might trade her civic in on one once the warranty is up, but i'm keeping my classic xb

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for the tip.

Signed up, though they don't make it to Detroit until June 21. I'll probably drive one at a dealer before then.

What's the test loop like?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.