Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Ted I live in Atlanta, GA. I Own Ted's Auto Body Inc in Tucker,GA. I have had the car sickness for 35years or more. My most recent strains of the disease are Corvairitis and Scionitis.

I have had my Box for 4 weeks today. I thought I would share all the stuff I have been doing to it. Paint job under way (see Members Rides forum for some details. Mods include, TRD Axle Back, K+N Intake, Goldlines, Hotchkis strut and sway bars, F-1 type ground effects, Leather upholstery, Led or cathode lighting in cupholders..under dash….in amp compartment, Kenwood 6019 DVD/NAV headunit with Bi-amped 8 speaker JL Audio sounds, custom storage boxes and sub/amp box, Driv Royale wheels with BFG G-sports in 215/40/18, XM radio/traffic nav antenna (traffic Nav rocks).

Some Pics:

Storage box in the Box

Tool Box in the Box

Sub/Amp Box in the Box.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Nice PW, and I thought that was a Corvair in your Avatar. I've always liked the Corvair, might just be because I thought it was cool because the motor is in the rear.

When will the paint work on the xB be done, I love the color you went with.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome!

Just saw your other thread -- can’t wait to see the finished paint. Have you considered selling those storage compartments? They're pretty sweet!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Sweet ride, and nice additions with the various compartments. Plus, the sub/amp enclosure is to die for!!

Welcome to the family, Ted.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Welcome -- Nice additions -- Very clean installs. Lovin the new paint job too.
Rock on man.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The custom boxes could be made for others. They would both cost too dam much on a one off basis (all that I have available at this time). The storage box would cost about $150 for time and materials to construct it. IF I had enough interest in these boxes I could tool up and pattern to make them faster in multiples and the price would be less. The Sub/Amp box would have to be custom made for each application (every speaker has different box volume specs in order to work just right). The one depicted was about 8 hours work and around $100 in materials so around $500+ to custom make for each setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.