Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got the Tenzo R springs installed. Did all four in just under two hours.

The drop is even no side to side height difference.Measured 1.5" now drop at all four corners. The box says a 2" drop so in two weeks I will measure again to see how they settled.

So far all I have driven it is around the block and the ride feels the same but ?? so later I'll give a ride review and some pics. Just wanted to share that so far so good and the xB is looking better every week :)

cheers

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I got a chance to drive around and the ride is slightly smoother than stock, and the cornering felt a little better but I'll take it to the twisty roads later to get a better feel for the cornering.

No spring noise that I can hear.

The only complaint is that it is a 2" front- 1.8" rear drop, but so far the measurements show 1.5" all around and the front looks higher then the rear in the picture and person. Hopefuly the front settles another .5" and then I'll have no complaints what so ever with these springs.

Plus can't beat $108 shipped for them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok it's been 3 wks now and here is the follow up

The springs ride great. Smoother then stock. I love them all besides the rear is 9/16" lower then the front. It bugs me that it don't sit flat but that is ok because I am going to change the struts with the 71575 Monroes and that will even it out. Going to the Tenzo website it says that the rear lowers more then front, I missed that part before I bought. But it will work out in the long run with the strut replacement.

The stance side to side is dead even.

I would 100% recommend if you don't mind the front a little higher or your going for the Monroe's to even it out. I'll post with a review when I get a chance to throw the monroe's on all four corners.

Cheers

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More reviews of my suspension since I don't see much reviews on the front struts.

I just installed the Monroe 71575 front struts 4 days ago. From riding around I can say they do improve the ride quality. I have not done the rears just (on backorder) so just fronts on for now. I wouldn't say a huge increase, but better then stock. For the $90 it was well worth it in my book.

Next week I get the rears but there are enough reviews for that unless I'm asked.

Cheers

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
cool x 2

first ive seen of this thread good job on pics and description. background of pics looks familiar im in Auburn WA wher ya at and are there any local xb hapenings. steve

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sdsnybny said:
first ive seen of this thread good job on pics and description. background of pics looks familiar im in Auburn WA wher ya at and are there any local xb hapenings. steve
Thanks,

I'm in Spokane on the east side of the state. I've seen a couple xB's around but don't know anyone with one around here.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
does anyone have a DIY on how to install these springs? i'm planning on installing a set this weekend. yikesss!

·
Registered
12,385 Posts
^^^Haha..I was joking..I just like giving peeps hard times..HAHAH!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.