Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used another brand dampener? If so, which brand, where'd ya get it, and what size? Want to put some on, but didn't want to pay so much for them!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i dont think anyone else makes them. i'm probably wrong though. if you use these wit a CF hood be careful!! it'll really shoot the hood up.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I have the one's from NRG. They're about the same length as the Tein's, but they're a "universal" fit. (Meaning you have to drill a hole for the bottom mount.) They list for $129.00 or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DTRAIN, do you have or can you get a compressed measurement and a fully expanded measure of the srut your using. And if someone else has the measurements on the Tein's would be great too. I'd like to find one still a bit cheaper. I'm not to worried about how they hook up, just looking for one with close to the same length. I'll make the mounting brackets for it if I need to.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I'll try to get a compressed measurement. I can tell you that they open and close evenly.

Here's the link for 'em. (I was a little off on the price, but then I bought mine from a friend who couldn't use 'em'!) NRG

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link! And if you can get those measurements, that would be a great help.
Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
DTRAIN, do you have or can you get a compressed measurement and a fully expanded measure of the strut your using.....
Okay, here's what I came up with: At it's expanded point (hood fully open), I measured 17.5" from mount to mount. Closed, I got 15" mount to mount.

Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Godspeeds from Ebay. direct bolt on (with very minor modifications to the brackets) and they look good.

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
FrankenScion said:
I have the exact same ones and they are awesome. They even support the new hood with all the extra metal in it.

And they are like half the price of the Teins!

You can see them a little bit in this pic:
Man, your hood looks rad, Jon!! :cool:

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
I've got the Redlines too -- Got them on a group buy on SL -- Good product Great installation instructions.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the links! Looks like I'm going to get the Ebay one. I looked at universal ones at many Part Houses, and buying those still wouldn't be a cheap as buying the kit on Ebay. Thanks again for all the links and pictures. I have got to get one of those radiator supports covers made!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.