Scion xB Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
They are adjustable, and can still go an half an inch lower in the front and back. I tuck front tire by about half an inch and the rear is maybe a 1/4 of an inch tucked. I noticed the pictures I took really didn't to the drop justice. I have some pics of it stock height next to my RX330 and I need to take another similar shot in similar lighting of it now and you can really see how low is is.
I know this post is dead. But how do you tuck your tires?

·
No longer SW now Supa Red
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I know this post is dead. But how do you tuck your tires?
You have get it pretty low at least 2.5 inches in the front and maybe 3 inches in the rear to really tuck, roll fenders in the rear depending on the offset you are running and how wide your tires are.

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If you have the right offset your wont need camber kits, from what I have seen there aren't too many out there for the XB2 anyways. If you get the coil overs with the adjustable camber on top, that's one way. For the rear you need shims, but I haven't done that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any tire wear issues on your rear tho? That's my main concern right now if I don't get shim and just get an alignment would I be getting some wear issues.

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
No, I personally don't have Amy wear issues and just rotated mine two weeks ago. If you go extreme camber, then yeah there will be wear issues.

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
With the xb, when you drop it hard in the rear it goes to negative camber a bit already. I don't know if you'll need more camber , I don't know what kind of wheels you plan on running. You should check out scionlife, and look for the user severedvegan, he knows more about offset and camber.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm just running 16x7.5 +40 with the stock tires. And not planning on changing them. How low are u tho? For what I saw u slammed pretty hard :)

---------- Post added 01-23-2015 at 04:52 PM ----------

U think I should be good. Not planning on slamming them hard maybe like the way u slammed yours. I'm planning to run some d2 coilovers

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,507 Posts
It's not the camber that is an issue when lowering, it's the toe. We have -1.5* camber stock from the factory. Problem is that when you lower the rear with the beam axle it rotates forward and that camber turns into toe. It's the toe that needs to be taken care of. If you're lowering 1.5-2" in the rear it's not enough toe to really worry about. Past that is where it can start to be an issue. A good rotating schedule will help mitigate the wear though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm planning to lower it more than 2inches so u think getting an alignment can't do anything about it?

---------- Post added 01-23-2015 at 08:02 PM ----------

I mean when it comes to tire wear issue

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'm just running 16x7.5 +40 with the stock tires. And not planning on changing them. How low are u tho? For what I saw u slammed pretty hard

---------- Post added 01-23-2015 at 04:52 PM ----------

U think I should be good. Not planning on slamming them hard maybe like the way u slammed yours. I'm planning to run some d2 coilovers
I might be about 2.5 inches down I have a collar removed from the rear, I know other guys are lower than me running k-sports and I don't think I am that low when I look at my own ride.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Originally Posted by miela13<br />
I'm just running 16x7.5 +40 with the stock tires. And not planning on changing them. How low are u tho? For what I saw u slammed pretty hard :)<font color="Silver"><br />
<br />
---------- Post added 01-23-2015 at 04:52 PM ----------<br />
<br />
</font>U think I should be good. Not planning on slamming them hard maybe like the way u slammed yours. I'm planning to run some d2 coilovers
<br />
<br />
I might be about 2.5 inches down I have a collar removed from the rear, I know other guys are lower than me running k-sports and I don't think I am that low when I look at my own ride.<br/>

Looks good tho. I just want that amount of drop so I think I should be good. Thanks man

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
<br />
<br />
I might be about 2.5 inches down I have a collar removed from the rear, I know other guys are lower than me running k-sports and I don't think I am that low when I look at my own ride.<br/>

Looks good tho. I just want that amount of drop so I think I should be good. Thanks man
I was just looking back at some old post in this thread and saw that the TEIN drop is suppose to be around 2.8 in the rear, and I remembered I think I took out both collars in the rear so I am probably sitting at 3.25 inches of drop. But I no longer have the white xb I have an 09 release series 6 (I believe). I also have different top hats on the front of my coil overs which gave me a better drop in the front by another 1/2 inch or so, and I have both collars still in the front.

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Here is shot of my current XB, with many things transplanted from my white XB.

---------- Post added 01-24-2015 at 09:35 PM ----------

First time, the post didn't work from my ipad, here is a second try from my computer.

Here is shot of my current XB, with many things transplanted from my white XB.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looking good man. Are those some volkswagen wheels? What size are those

---------- Post added 01-25-2015 at 03:23 PM ----------

How low are u now?

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Yeah, VW wheels, factory BBS, 8x7.5. And I don't know how low, sitting at about 23.75 inches from ground to wheel well front and back.

---------- Post added 01-25-2015 at 11:02 AM ----------

Yeah, VW wheels, factory BBS, 8x7.5. And I don't know how low, sitting at about 23.75 inches from ground to wheel well front and back.
Oops meant to say 18 x 7.5.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts