Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
No longer SW now Supa Red
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
Picked up my TEIN's on Saturday morning and installed them today. After the first short test drive, they are really, really comfortable. I did notice some minor stiffness when going over some of those extra large speed bumps but it was a nice ride and the stiffness is good so the vehicle doesn't bounce to crazy after going over the speed bumps.

This is before the final rear adjustment.

This one is after the rear adjustment.

·
Registered
90 Posts
is that as low as the coilover will go? have read somewhere that they are not adjustable. i ask cause you have about the same drop i have with s-techs? looks damn good by the way:D

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are adjustable, and can still go an half an inch lower in the front and back. I tuck front tire by about half an inch and the rear is maybe a 1/4 of an inch tucked. I noticed the pictures I took really didn't to the drop justice. I have some pics of it stock height next to my RX330 and I need to take another similar shot in similar lighting of it now and you can really see how low is is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are adjustable, and can still go an half an inch lower in the front and back. I tuck front tire by about half an inch and the rear is maybe a 1/4 of an inch tucked. I noticed the pictures I took really didn't to the drop justice. I have some pics of it stock height next to my RX330 and I need to take another similar shot in similar lighting of it now and you can really see how low is is.
your coilovers are green right? i just bought my box and it had tien suspension on it. i wanted to lower the ride as low as it can go but i dont know how. do you know by chance how?

·
†-LoSt-†
2,146 Posts
YeT another satisfied TEIN customer....lotta people hate on em, personally due to price these are my favorite coilovers....JIC magic are hella nice too, but are about $500-$600 more.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
i love my ten suspension.. i just got my box a couple of weeks ago and im not to familiar with tien.. do you know how to lower the suspension?

·
Registered
11 Posts
ill check it out thanx.. by the way, i dont happen to have the wrenches bcuz i bought the car and they werent included.. do you know where i can get them?

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, that is the only set TEIN makes, is the basic for the XB for now, I imagine you could buy them from TEIN..

·
Registered
11 Posts
okay hopefully i can lower it more because i want it lowered more. do you know if it messed up ther suspension if you lower it alot?

·
†-LoSt-†
2,146 Posts
The tools you need bro are called spanner wrenches. And they can be bought online. Damn near any will work, but you definitely need 2

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Stance looks good, making my SW gen2 jealous.

ill check it out thanx.. by the way, i dont happen to have the wrenches bcuz i bought the car and they werent included.. do you know where i can get them?
TEIN USA | ONLINE SHOP | ADJ Wrench & Others

TEIN Basics ride awesome on the 2nd gen xB! Helped install a set of these on the build off xB for SET. Basics are ride height adjustable, just no dampening adjustment like Super Street and Flex kits.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts