Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.news8online.com/features/crimefighters/story.php?id=56875

Thieves Drive Off With Flashy 'Tuner' Car

A one-of-a-kind 'tuner' car was stolen from Chula Vista this weekend. The car is worth tens of thousands of dollars. Its appearance is unique and unmistakable, and police are asking for the public's help to track this car down.

Chula Vista police say it must have been a fast and furious heist, committed by thieves who stole a 2006 Honda tuner car worth somewhere between $50,000 and $150,000. Experts familiar with the car say it is definitely a one-of-a-kind street machine.

"This took some planning, this took somebody with some knowledge of what they were going to find inside," said Bernard Gonzales of the Chula Vista Police Department. "It took some knowledge as to what you're going to do with the car once you get it… you obviously couldn't just drive it down the street, it would have been highly noticeable."

The tricked-out car, which was between shows, was kept inside a trailer parked at a business on Boswell Road. Authorities believe those responsible broke into the storage facility sometime between Saturday night and Sunday night.

"It's an interesting case," Gonzales said. "Unfortunately, somebody has to lose an expensive vehicle because somebody decides they're going to commit this crime, but for our part we just continue following the leads. Hopefully, those leads will take us to the vehicle."

The vehicle has all the bells and whistles you would expect for a tuner car, including a high performance engine, a custom exhaust unit, reinforced brakes and a killer sound system.

Its radical exterior has modified front bumpers, side skirts and a rear spoiler wing. Investigators are hoping tips from the public and good old-fashioned police work will solve this case.

"Even though this is a well planned situation apparently, they did leave some clues behind and our forensics people are taking those items and analyzing them," Gonzales said.

Investigators say it's possible the vehicle may have been taken across the border and perhaps being dismantled.

Thats really gotta suck. Someone knew too much, abused their power, and took one fine vehcile. Im interested to see how this turns out!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
What do these thieves think they are going to be able to do with it! Kinda like stealing a fire truck.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know but I think I would do it. How many people on this site can say they stole the Tein Honda Civic? lol! Its one hot car and the parts are worth A LOT. Its not like this civic will ever be brought back in one piece to the road. Just my take on it. Its gone for good IMHO.

Scotty

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
That sucks! And it ain't right! Sad that some people are such woosies that they can't go and earn the money themselves to buy what they want instead of just taking it! :mad:

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Why'd they have to do it in my part of town?! Not something I want associated with Chula Vista.

Jerks, I hope they hang 'em in public when they catch 'em!!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That Tein Honduh is really nice!!!!!!! It had to be an inside job. They didnt specify whether they took just the car, or the effin trailor. Now that would tight!!!!!!!! :eek: I like how they referenced it to FF3, dont they mean Gone In 60 seconds. :p :p

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I'm suprised the car didn't have some sort of fancy alarm on it and the trailer too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
boxd_up said:
of all the stuff that car has, it doesn't have lowjack?

Yeah, apparently they didn't think about that! lol

Man that sounds sooo fishy. How can something so expensive not have some sort of security. :rolleyes:

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
heh, speaking of crappy security...

back when I was poor* and I had my first mini truck I was working on, I didn't have money for an alarm. So I had this little battery powered clip-on Halloween "safety flasher" that you would clip on a kids costume and it blinked red so people could see them at night. So I wrapped up in black tape so only a little spot was showing and turned it on so it was a little red light. Then set it on the ash-tray handle in the dash. With the tinted windows at night I swear it looked like a blinking alarm light! lmao
talk about some bad-ass security :D kept it safe for a year or so until someone broke into it and stole the stero and sub boxes and some other stuff. I bet they laughed thier ass off when they saw my "alarm" :p

* = poorer than I am now

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
TEAR OFF VINYL STICKERS THEN ITS ALL WHITE AND GO ITS JUST A HONDA CAR SUCKS 2 BE THEM NO THAT SUCKS

GO GET EM :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.