Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a week away from purchasing the item listed above.....

But I would really like to see some boxes dropped already on the Tein basic coilovers..

So please post some picture.......

Thank You,

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Why are you selecting the tein basics? Just curious from what i have read the progress ones are liked more than these. I am wondering because I am thinking of getting a set of coil overs this summer.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
From the research I've done, you're going to get a better bang for your buck if you go Progress. Ksport even. The Tein only drop the car roughly 1/2" lower than the S-tech springs. If you ask me, they're a glorified set of S-techs. I like the SS dampers myself, though top of the line they may be. Right now, a lot of places are selling the Progress series I for under 700 bucks shipped, and there's a GB going on over at xAteam.com for the Ksport GC's. I would imagine that all you'd have to tell the seller is that yours are for an xB. If enough people get in on it, as you all know, the price gets lower and lower. I think it's currently set at 780 shipped. So let's get on this people!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was in the same boat as you about a month ago. And realized that Tein coilovers aren't all they are worked up to be. You are definitely paying more for the name of the product. I am not a fan of them and for just a little bit more money you can get either HKS or Cusco. JIC are even a nice set too. Just think twice about Tein. When they say basic they MEAN BASIC.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts

i also got mine used for $500. And the guy i bought them from only used it for a couple months too!

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
i wished they dropped lower =\
me too some times. but my car is a daily driver and with a family of 4 in there, being too low wont work. I had a set of D2's and my car was real low, looked good while parked and all. The ride was a little rough. I got no complaints with the teins, for all around look and drivability.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
me too some times. but my car is a daily driver and with a family of 4 in there, being too low wont work. I had a set of D2's and my car was real low, looked good while parked and all. The ride was a little rough. I got no complaints with the teins, for all around look and drivability.
So the drop you have now...is the lowest it would go...or you still have some turns on them?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Offtopic, but I found the Progress to be the exact opposite Jim. Progress is hella soft and does nothing for sharp corners. Dont get me wrong theyre good and all, but I wish I woulda gotten some stiffer coilovers now.

scotty

·
Registered
352 Posts
Im getting some Basics for $450 used, on original owners car for about 10k miles.

I want a soft ride with the bad roads here in Boston. I also dont see myself going any lower than 2.5" and that would be only for shows. So the Basics fit my needs perfectly.

Ill post pics once installed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nah, I can still drop it a bit more, but the 002 poke wont allow it without rubbing my tires. It rubs quite a bit as it is but it really bugs me if I have it riding too high.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
So the drop you have now...is the lowest it would go...or you still have some turns on them?
the backs are all the way down. the fronts are right about level with the rear, if it went down anymore it will give my car a raked look.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ordered a set of Tein SS-P for my xB, I don't really care about dropping it a lot. I am really looking for good handling with a comfortable ride when needed. I hope to get a remote controller for them if I like the way they ride and handle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.