Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
nice, are those s-tech's? they are rated at 1.75 back 1.5 front. but for me after settling it was about 2 probably more cause i was sitting lower then those with goldlines with same tire and rim sizes.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
that sits purdy. i need to get some springs.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good, I'll be installing my old set on a friends new xB on Saturday.

·
Banned
199 Posts
man that looks great.
when you drive is it even rougher since its so low now?
does your shocks bottom out, and can u feel the bumps soaking up in the body of the vehicle?
have you tried loading up your vehicle with alot of stuff, or with 5 total adults in vehicle? how does it feel?

it looks great, but when i dropped my old car i had to drive like miss daisey when i see a bump and stuff. i couldn't drive it normally is what im trying to say. i would like to drop my xb, but i still want it to be functional and be able to load people or stuff in it without worrying about my shocks bottoming out and feeling and hearing that loud thud noise when ever i hit something.

thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man that looks great.
does your shocks bottom out, and can u feel the bumps soaking up in the body of the vehicle?
have you tried loading up your vehicle with alot of stuff, or with 5 total adults in vehicle? how does it feel?

it looks great, but when i dropped my old car i had to drive like miss daisey when i see a bump and stuff. i couldn't drive it normally is what im trying to say. i would like to drop my xb, but i still want it to be functional and be able to load people or stuff in it without worrying about my shocks bottoming out and feeling and hearing that loud thud noise when ever i hit something.

Thanks for the kind words!! The only difference I've felt, is the suspension is somewhat tighter...not really "bouncy".

Now I have had 5 adults in the car, and on certain bumps, it will bottom out. :)

Hoepfully the airbags will take care of that problem. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
man that looks great.

The Teins are really good springs. I have not had any issues with mine and I've had them for about 1 1/2 year now commuting about 100 miles a day. But I do have the H-techs instead of the S-techs. I went with the H-techs since they don't lower the car as much as the S-techs do, plus they are suppose to ride smoother. I installed mine with Monroe Sensetrac shocks all around and the car rides a lot smoother than stock. I've heard a lot of people installing the Koni yellows instead but I didn't want to go that route since they are a lot pricier. This is an inexpensive mod and actually enhances the ride of the vehicle. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a more aggressive stance and a smoother ride.:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ricki I think you bought the wrong car. You don't want a short wheel base bumpy ride or road / exhaust noise. Cadi or Lexus products are quiet and smooth. You bought a small, noisy and bumpy box. The stance is great on ol blue. Its only to low if you need a kidey belt o ride.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
actually, my box is low, smooth, and quiet. maybe you got a lemon because i know at least 100 others peoples boxes on here are just as low smooth and quiet.

and the only thing worse than being too low is not being low enough. i think i said that before, but that was before your time.

keep asking questions rick! i know youve learned allot so far.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.