Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ted + Airlift and Airride components ( Airlift front air struts and rear bag set, and Airride Technologies Level Pro control system), and a very long weekend and now TEDSBOX look like this:

Really like the Level Pro. It has mechano/electric ride height sensors that tell its computer what height the car is. The computer then meters enough air pressure to each corner or the suspension to accurately reproduce this height ( to within 1/4 inch or less at all 4 corners, usually within 1/8 inch). It has memory to save 3 different suspension height settups... press a button and reproduce the saved setting. Ride height noted and saved at alignment is accurately reproduced day after day:) No alignment worries. No pondering what pressure to put today (it varys a hell of alot with temperature). I'm lovin it!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Ted + Airlift and Airride components ( Airlift front air struts and rear bag set, and Airride Technologies Level Pro control system), and a very long weekend and now TEDSBOX look like this:

Really like the Level Pro. It has mechano/electric ride height sensors that tell its computer what height the car is. The computer then meters enough air pressure to each corner or the suspension to accurately reproduce this height ( to within 1/4 inch or less at all 4 corners, usually within 1/8 inch). It has memory to save 3 different suspension height settups... press a button and reproduce the saved setting. Ride height noted and saved at alignment is accurately reproduced day after day:) No alignment worries. No pondering what pressure to put today (it varys a hell of alot with temperature). I'm lovin it!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT IS SICK MAN "SICK" OOOO SO CHOICE

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very nice. how much would you say your air system would cost to duplicate?
The parts were just under $3,000. The labor was involved. The bag system was easy to install. The level sensors for the Level Pro system were not hard but required some fore thought ,making a few brackets and a bunch of fooling around time to get things set up where it works accurately and correctly. We spent about 30 manhours on the total install. If I was to duplicate it I could do it in 1/2 the time (or less) I am sure. So at a shop rate of $50 per hour install might run $700-1000 for the next one...the first one was a steep learning curve:) Where am I going to mount this sensor for the left rear wheel...Hmmmmmmmm....No space in the easy spot I used on the right....gas fill necks and crap in the way ....hmmmmmm...I will try this ....NOPE...how about this....NOPE ....Hmmmmm etc:)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks great, I need more money!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Wow now in the words of Paris Hilton "Thats Hot"!
Wait. How do you drive that thing on A town roads?

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Lookin good Ted -- Real good!! :cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow now in the words of Paris Hilton "Thats Hot"!
Wait. How do you drive that thing on A town roads?
LOL I can set the ride height where ever I want. The roads here in Atlanta are really very good (except for donwtown). I have ride height set at (measured from the top of the wheel opening to the ground) at 25" front and 25.5 " rear.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im impressed! You have turned a stocker into a show car quicker than anyone I have seen yet. Good job Ted!
Lots of time and preplanning made that happen. A few to many walks with Mr. Visa perhaps But , I will be happy while I am broke:)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Time for rims now. lookin good

I think he could paint the spokes and leave the chrome lip and look 85% better. The wheels do look a little off completely chrome though.

Ted, What would it take to paint the inside of the wheels black or graphite, etc.? You own a shop, I think you should give it some thought. Looks great though.:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think he could paint the spokes and leave the chrome lip and look 85% better. The wheels do look a little off completely chrome though.

Ted, What would it take to paint the inside of the wheels black or graphite, etc.? You own a shop, I think you should give it some thought. Looks great though.:)
This is why there are so many choices for wheels and parts and looks:) I like the chrome wheels as they are. The colors glint off them nicely. The undercar lighting makes nice effects also. Besides they are hella easy to care for and on a daily that is important also.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.