Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if a tc motor is a possibility for the xb as a swap? would make some nice power and turn heads. if mounts are the only problem then thats nothin!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
It's wayyyyyyyyyyy too big and wouldn't fit....If that's what you wanted, you shoulda waited for the xB2, because it has the tC motor in it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya im going to do some research on the concept and maybe if needed figure out a mount kit on my schools water jet and cnc machines.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Well um, good luck, but I can tell you the idea has already been thought up, and it's come through with no success. If you really wanted to put the tC engine in your xB, you'd have to chop off the front end and make the whole engine bay longer.....By the time you've spent the 12k or so to do the swap, you coulda just bought a new xB2 and thrown on massive amounts of performance mods....but, that's just my 2 cents...Have fun.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
The mod can be done but it is not simply make new mounts on a water jet. It involves a lot of engineering to get the drivelines of the axles right, chopping a chunk out of the driver's side engine mounting area. Make sure that is reinforced right. Then probably hybrid axles or switching to the TC set up which means doing the rear also to have matching bolt patterns.

Yes it can be done but as Boom said should of bought the new xb2 and painted it torched penny. Paint job would be about the same as the cost of the TC drivetrain.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
engine swaps have been discussed on all forums.....it is just to much money right now for a crapshoot. It will happen eventually but these are not Hondas that share every component with another one. It is a shame though because the Big 3 American auto makers are following Toyotas lead on common drivetrain platforms but they are making it more like Honda. Sharing suspensions, engines, and transmissions over many vehicles.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
i've seen talk of swaps done with earliy 90's jdm toyota turbo setups(dont remember the engine #) but never saw any pics come of it, it was on the "other" site. there is a guy on the fourms that claims to have done it.
With no return of my emails or pics, i am sure it is as real as a pink elephant! I want to see a box swap, just to see it!

·
Registered
672 Posts
i've seen talk of swaps done with earliy 90's jdm toyota turbo setups(dont remember the engine #) but never saw any pics come of it, it was on the "other" site. there is a guy on the fourms that claims to have done it.
With no return of my emails or pics, i am sure it is as real as a pink elephant! I want to see a box swap, just to see it!
The startlet Turbo fits nicely i've been told, scott from luminics/monarch was telling me about that just over a year ago..he seems to know the people that did it/can do it, i can ask him if you want, or just look him up on myspace under monarch clothing

·
Registered
672 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.