Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
If you're intersted in buying the Tornado, I have some screen top piston covers, some rubber tipped cam lobs and some chrome go fasters you might like. Oh, and some ocean front property in Arizona.

The Tornado is a scam buddy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
both items are crap! how can a tornado work to make the air swirl to better mix the fuel? they put it in front of the throttle body, then the air swirls but gets straightened back out by the throttle body, the only way for this product to work is for it to actually be right before the injector, or in the cyl head. good concept but unrealistic reality. thats a fact.

·
Registered
368 Posts
both items are crap! per withaquicknes

Half right, the comment on the "Tornado" is correct.

Different opinion on the TBS ( original w/helical cuts), but thats a different thread anyway.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
The Tornado is a waste of money. The differace in opinion on the TBS is those who have installed it notice a differance. Those who have not and won't pop the $$ for one can only guess. I have one and my butt dyno says it works. But like Frogbox says that's a differant thread.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Madsciontist, you can say all you want about those of us without TBS only guessing. The fact is that most (if not all) of us have stated, "I'll believe it when I see the dyno." That isn't saying that they don't work, it is saying that it hasn't been proven.

And I don't care how calibrated you (or anyone else) think your "butt dyno" is, yours is more of a guess than those of us who haven't installed one. Until we see an INDEPENDENT dyno of a spacer (helical cut or otherwise) no one can say for sure if you actually gain power. What will be interesting to see if where (if anywhere) we gain power and where (if anywhere) we may lose power.

Oh, and just so I address both of the items questioned, the Tornado is junk. Just like the in-line electric superchargers.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
My response was to the comment "both items are crap." All I'm saying is don't knock it til you try it (or dyno it). To say it's junk is just guessing without facts. I respect the fact some won't add it till they see a dyno. However everyone that has installed it I know of feel a difference so for me thats good enough. Sorry about the thread Jack.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
True. But without dyno runs you can't say for sure that the gain you feel is really a gain. It could very well be that the gain you feel in one place on the power band is in fact really a loss elsewhere on the power band. :)

·
Banned
130 Posts
No reason to turn this guys post into an argument. Regardless of any 'truth behind the principle' of the Tornado, as it is implemented is a useless waste of money. I have no experience with either, however.

Take all power-adders (advertised or other wise) with a grain of salt and a dose of reality, if something isn't proven to increase power reliably, then be wary. If you're looking to free up some power, I/H/E are proven and practical. If you're looking for a fast car, you bought the wrong one.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for all the feed back! I have an automatic and am looking for a little extra pep without spending a lot of money. I bought the car knowing it was not fast and am not looking to make it a dragster. Like most people hear, I think we mostly like the aesthetics of the car.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't know if this is considered a thread jack, you decide.....

This place is getting more and more like that "RED"(SL) site everyday.

Back on topic, I think......

Lets see a couple of unbiased dynos, I'mm still awaiting the donations :D

(yeah I know we drive scions and are cheap ROFLMAO )

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Don't know if this is considered a thread jack, you decide.....

This place is getting more and more like that "RED"(SL) site everyday.

Back on topic, I think......

Lets see a couple of unbiased dynos, I'mm still awaiting the donations :D
LOL looks like you won't be getting any funds:D :D :D j/k
withaquicknes got comp'd a TBS and is going to dyno it. But at least we'll know for sure. Yeah if I was out of line I'm sorry but we do have some lady's on this site and I'm pretty sure they don't want to read that stuff.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
We cool bro. I think AzCajita got the info he was looking for anyway and then some....:eek: LOL It's all good. Can't wait to get the dyno on the TBS and the tornado is a non issue. I think we all agree on that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.