Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know if they did a dyno on the scion xb throttle body spacer yet??? if so, what were they???

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Who all has one so far? He won't reply to my e-mails.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve "aka" Sdsnybny has one on his car i've seen it in person....he said it made a noticeable diffrence on his car however i wanted to see dyno specs before i decide to buy one.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Yeah, Steve is trying to get the guy to get a hold of me, but still nothing. And I believe it is well worth it, TBS are known to give power all over the Auto market. We just got lucky enough that someone chose to come out with one for our xB.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i saww on scionlife the guys on there were saying it dosent do anything.....are they just talking out of their ass?....by the way....is that clown you?????lol

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'll be getting it when I get a chance.

Yeah thats me.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
I hope to have mine on this coming weekend. :D :D :D whoo hoo
So far everyone I've heard from that installed it noticed a differance. I haven't seen any dyno though.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
easy as heck really. hardest part is fanoogling with the intake , lol.

maybe it's less noticeable on my car since I allready have just about every bolt on ....

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
high gang

victor is on a break been hitting it hard. said he woulb be back soon
also pm'd rollhard who said he would test one before selling in his shop but no response yet.:(

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^IT gives an idea though, I don't think he would of sold as many without it.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
hotbox05 said:
that dyno is for a nissan!
DUH!! The point is you are only going to gain TORQUE by putting on a spacer, you can see that in the graph!!! The spacer is esentially lengthening the intake runners, longer runners more torque down in the lower RPM's, shorter runner more torque in the higher RPM range. READ READ READ, and of the techniques applied to mustangs, cameros or any other muscle car can be applied to a Scion, the issue is the computer, will adjust the timing based on oil pressure and air fuel ratio.

Check this out, http://toyotaperformance.com/intake.htm

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
the nissan gained 9.4 tq and 8.5 hp. so in seeing that i'd say it gained horsepower as well.........

telling me to READ READ READ. trust me I know what the fack they do.

TRUST THAT. this thread was for people to see a dyno graph of this part on a SCION not on a nissan. that dyno graph while good is old news and is allready on SCIONLIFE.

all i'm saying. not starting a war but don't ever try and make me look stupid over something that I DO infact know about.

and making your own intake manifolds is cool but without a nice flow bench and exact specs of airflow for you motor at stock then when modded the enitre endeavor would be a never ending guessing game trying different length runners , sizes , shapes , tb placement , how far the velocity stacks go up into the plenum. sooo many variables. i'd leave it to someone with a lot more money , time , and equipment to invest into r&d rather than spend a grand or so on piping , and spends up to a few hundred hours installing , removing and then testing , and welding the manifolds.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Steve, did you get anything for me yet?

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
skeeter

although the dyno is for his test vehicle(sentra ser) please tell me why im seing a gain of 9.4% for both whp and torque ie;
old torque 162 divided by gained tq 171 =9.4% same for whp old 136 div by 144 = 9.4%
i understand we have a diff fi motor than sentra but the % gain should be similar comparativly
im i missing something?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.