Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one has or knows someone who has the
Tanabe SUSTEC DF210 springs? I was thinking of getting them because they claim a 2" - 2 1/2" drop. My question is are they worth getting and how is the ride on a 18" rim? do they rub? etc.??? Any feed back you may have would be greatly appreciated!! Also any preferences on other springs would be good too. Thanx!:rolleyes:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
You can have as much or as little drop, and still rub. We need to know the offset of the wheels, diameter and width of the wheels, and tire size.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i run the tanabe sustec df210s on my scion xb with 17-7.5 konigs and they roll great. good drop on them

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
mine slammed me a ton. fender arc to ground im 23.75. thats on 16s with 205/50/16. i really like mine but its almost too low for daily driving really. im gonna have to get some coilovers to raise it back up i think. DF210s are a cheap way to get a really low drop.

scott

·
Registered
281 Posts
off topic but i am running goldlines on a 18x8 on a 215 40 18 with a 45 offset in the front and a 35 in the rear and no rubbing and thats a 2 inch all around

·
Registered
762 Posts
ive been on DF210's for at least 6 months and mine only have a 1.75" drop in the front and maybe a 2" drop in the rear... but that may be due to my camber plate/hub spacer set up im running...

·
Registered
212 Posts
excitebox said:
ive been on DF210's for at least 6 months and mine only have a 1.75" drop in the front and maybe a 2" drop in the rear... but that may be due to my camber plate/hub spacer set up im running...
the hub spacer shouldn't raise you up, but the camber might a minoot amount...think about it this way...take a pack of cigarettes (for you non smokers a pack of gum), put if flat on a table, now lift up once side to resemble negative camber...notice the hightest point of the tire that would be making contact with the road if you werent' running camber is up higher now...sorry if thats hard to explain :(

the tanabes are nice springs, i've been on them for almost a year, and my only complaint is rebound in the rear b/c the spring rates aren't as good as most coilovers (b/c of the lack of shorter stiffer struts)...not to mention I wanna go LOWER!!! :D but for a subtle everyday driver drop, its the best springs to go with in my opinion ;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
the weight of the car kind of crushes the inside edge of the tire, so from the side it looks like the tire isnt cambered. withe the camber plate next to the swing arm, it tilts the hub and hub spacer up, sinking the rear of the car... i hope that makes sense :-\

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
theyre nice springs but i know the feeling of wanting to go lower. mine have sagged pretty dang low, but i think HKS or Cuscos may be on the way for me soon enough!

Scott

·
Registered
212 Posts
excitebox said:
the weight of the car kind of crushes the inside edge of the tire, so from the side it looks like the tire isnt cambered. withe the camber plate next to the swing arm, it tilts the hub and hub spacer up, sinking the rear of the car... i hope that makes sense :-\

ah, good point...i'm gonna have to run an experiment now!!! :D

I don't think its going to be noticable either way...but i guess just for personal knowlege, i'll have to try it out one day with an extremely accurate ruler ;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
suspended said:
ah, good point...i'm gonna have to run an experiment now!!! :D

I don't think its going to be noticable either way...but i guess just for personal knowlege, i'll have to try it out one day with an extremely accurate ruler ;)

haha let me know the results! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.