Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering ...trying to paint my tails...should I just paint the outsides or take them apart and paint the insides? pics/suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Take them apart, and paint on the insides. Trust me. If you do it on the outside, after a while it can either fade or chip with the weather. I think there is a thread on here about DIY Tails.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I did the outsides but I had them done at the bodyshop I work at, expensive automotive paint (no rattle can)

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so anyone with pics that did them inside? I really cant afford to have a body shop do it so am going to have to use that tint spray myself...so trying to see if its worth taking them apart and doing them on the inside since I will be doing them myself and not using high quality paint and equipment.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Inside will keep the outside smooth and OEM looking, and the plastic polishes up to a wonderful sheen.

I have seen them painted both ways, and IMO, inside wins hands down. You will not be disappointed I promise. Plus there is no need to sand or anything when you paint the inside. It is a much easier way to do them. Just warm up the tails in the oven (clear plastic side up!!) for about 6 minutes @ 300F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.