Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tailgate on a 2005 Scion xB and our tailgate is separating in the middle. I need some suggestion of how to fix it or just buy a new tailgate.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Are you talking about the lift handle coming off the hatch?

·
Registered
713 Posts
No need for a new hatch.....plenty of hatch garnish for sale on ebay......metal, oem, aftermarket, painted or not, chrome, etc etc etc. just search on scion xb hatch garnish handle and you'll get a whole list.......

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
48 Posts
Man oh man I want to convert mine to a truck someday... I'll probably never have the time, though.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,610 Posts
Man oh man I want to convert mine to a truck someday... I'll probably never have the time, though.

Funnier part is that shot was taken from another truck conversion. Here is both of them together.

Or some of the other xBs he has built.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Dayum.......if I didn't already have a regular cab truck I like a whole lot. Diggin those xb trucks too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can order a rear hatch garnish from Amazon as well. I just replaced mine this spring with one that had metal support to supposedly strengthen the latch area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You may check with Dealer- there was an extended recall on them. Yes believe it or not. It was issued I believe last year or so.

·
Registered
713 Posts
All I found was class action lawsuit for 2005-2011 xB/tCs.......Guess that counts me out either way as mine is 2004. Somehow doubting that year was any different from 2005 and up. Fixing it myself with the improved metal one will be cheaper than wasting my time chasing around finding out if it is even possible to have dealership monkeys try and f it up for free. Also, what I did find was from 2015 not 2020......

·
Registered
713 Posts
Mine isn't broke but went ahead and up'd the $35 shipped for a metal reinforced 8P8 one.......cheaper for me to handle it (pun intended) than endangering it at dealership and wasting more than $35 of my free time and fear of people who don't care or take pride in their work futz with my little toaster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bulletin:S-SB-0012-13Component:160000 structureSummary:Some 2004 ? 2006 model year xb vehicles may exhibit a condition where the back door garnish becomes loose, and in some cases continued usage of the loose garnish may result in breakage. please follow the procedure contained in this bulletin

·
Registered
9 Posts
more...

Bulletin:ZTW Region LetteComponent:160000 structureSummary:In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, toyota is announcing a warranty enhancement program to extend the warranty coverage for the back door garnish on 2005 to certain 2010 model year scion tc and 2004 to 200
Bulletin:ZTW Dealer LetteComponent:160000 structureSummary:In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, toyota is announcing a warranty enhancement program to extend the warranty coverage for the back door garnish on 2005 to certain 2010 model year scion tc and 2004 to 200
Bulletin:ZTW WEPComponent:160000 structureSummary:Scion has received some reports where the back door garnish may loosen. in certain cases, continued usage of the loose garnish could result in breakage of the back door garnish

·
Registered
713 Posts
So this is supposedly still active? Somehow doubting you'll get anything more than runaround bs and wasted time at any dealer......again, me buying a metal reinforced paint matched one for $35 shipped and swapping it myself is much less risky to my vehicle and much less wasted time and angst trying to get dealer to do anything. They'll just say that's how it's supposed to act or sorry your vehicle is 17 yrs old or we sell Toyotas wut are Scions? Good luck and have fun with that. Specifics as to whether this is actually still active may help some other people tho.......yes, we know there WAS a tsb. The unanswered question is.....extended until when?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Please follow what procedure?......that is not included any any posts about this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts