Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to paint my rear lenses, I got the testors candy apple, and ready to go, the only thing I have to ask is......

How do you get the tail lights off of the truck?

I didnt want to just go in there and start taking stuff out, that opens the door to rattles and squeaks down the road. I am looking to do this as simply as possible.

I will try to get as many pics as possible during the process to help others with the mod. Thanks,

-xJ

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Open the hatch and you'll see the two rear access panels. Pop them bad boys off and youll need a 10mm socket to get the 2 (maybe 3) nuts off of the bolts back there. Unclip the harness thing, and pull out. Its really easy I assure you. Just dont drop the nut down into the panel back there.

Scotty

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, much appreciated :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, now my next question is: Do you guys remove the red lens from the housing? I would imagine it would make my brakes brighter if I removed it, but I am not sure if they would be too bright. I have the lenses painted with the first coat, just waiting for it to set up :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks. I left the reflector in, as well as the lens. I think it came out pretty good. I took lots of pics, and plan to do a write up on it. Thanks for the help guys, this was my first official mod on this car :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it depends on what state youre in. Here in MD it is a no-no. I got pulled over in my mustang for tinted covers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My quick and easy answer to this is what I'm doing: Have a friend who works at a Toyota dealer do it for you! hahahaha :D Since not everyone has that option just be careful when you remove them. Scion's are pretty easy though, everything just pulls off or pops off after removing a screw or two here and there. You'd think it was a life-sized snap together. LOL :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.