Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so cant really find any taillights out there that I like so just want to smoke/tint the oem ones out but I know its illegal around here so really want to avoid anything permanent just incase I have to do something to make a cop happy, so am trying to find some of the tinted covers that just snap or bolt on and can be removed fairly easily without damaging the lights. anyone know if there are any of these out there?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
You can get vinyl overlays which look pretty sweet.

Word of advice, if you've seen other cars with the smoke outs, then it's most likely legal. In MO, I know as long as you can see the colors shine brightly, they leave you alone about it.

Basically, as long as your car is still safe for you to drive, and safe for other drivers, you're all good here.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Boom is correct. I hate overlays, they never hold up, and seem to be made poorly. Take them to your local autobody shop. tell them you want to mix a smoke base into a product called Euroclear. Then have them spray 3 coats on the tails. it will give you a great look, that is legal in most states, and your factory bulbs will shine through like normal. Ask Boom, he has seen my color matched tails in person.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The law in states like MN where I'm at states that you can do whatever you want to your tail lights as long as they have a red reflector in/on them like OE ones do and that they are bright enough to do their jobs.

I would imagine most states that have tail light laws would be the same.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, I was waiting for quite awhile to get mine done.......

However, many things have changed in the past few weeks. :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I just used some good 'ol pinstripe tape...

No trouble with Johnny law, yet. ;)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
TAZ, i hope you don't park your ride uncovered overnite. if you do, i have lost all respect...........poor haolebulit. :(

T/J ova.
You've never seen inside my garage have you...

The Box should be sleeping inside again in the next few weeks.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Four coats of transparent black and lots of clear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Mine are red vinyl overlays. couple small wrinkles, but hey, no one notices usually. did it myself with an extra pair of hands to hold the light. Even used the heat gun.

Working on a slightly different look for now. we'll see what I come up with.:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.