Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
I had to hit a junkyard and pull a used part to fix my ride before I took possession of it. While I was there, I also grabbed a new plastic cover that bolts through the tailgate, those plastic pieces are flimsy and break so easily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just thought I'd share my experience with the rear hatch on my '06. It just won't open when it's cold. If I drive for ~20 minutes with the heat blasting and cycle the lock a couple of times it opens! When the temp is above maybe 45 F, no problem.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I had to hit a junkyard and pull a used part to fix my ride before I took possession of it. While I was there, I also grabbed a new plastic cover that bolts through the tailgate, those plastic pieces are flimsy and break so easily.
there are $37 steel reinforced color matched ones on ebay. I bought one just in case mine decides to break. Since spare on hand oem will probably last forever, lol

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
there are $37 steel reinforced color matched ones on ebay. I bought one just in case mine decides to break. Since spare on hand oem will probably last forever, lol
You are a bad influence Toaster bud, you just added another ebay listing on my car wishlist that's hanging around in my mind, and I thank you. Next mad money moment I have, I'll try to remember this.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just thought I'd share my experience with the rear hatch on my '06. It just won't open when it's cold. If I drive for ~20 minutes with the heat blasting and cycle the lock a couple of times it opens! When the temp is above maybe 45 F, no problem.
I had this issue and it turns out the rubber gasket around the hatch release button had melted/degraded and it was jamming the button in cold weather. I took the handle apart and cleaned all the rubber off using Goo Gone or maybe Greased Lightning, I can't remember. If you do this make sure to wear gloves because the old gooey rubber will get all over your hands and make a mess. After I cleaned off all the remains of the old gasket I wrapped the button in a latex glove so water wouldn't splash in it then reinstalled. That was a year or two ago and so far so good! You can also buy replacement buttons but I didn't think it was worth the cost when I could just repair mine.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
I scored a chrome out of a junkyard ages ago, and really want the body match this go around. Or I could core the metal reinforcement and put it on the chrome handle I already have maybe. It's gonna be a wait and see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok im a idiot looked on this site and someone said to look at the door locks and clicked it a couple of times and that fixed it it also explained why I had not power to the wiring on the plug

1 - 14 of 14 Posts