Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, when I'm revving up in the 4500-6500 range it feels like my engine is really straining to pull strong through the gear. Kinda like it's breathing through a straw or something. I don't have a header yet and I was wondering if that will help alleviate the problem. Anyone else know what I;m talking about or had a similar experience? Basically, I just want to know if the header helps the engine wind up a little faster.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
A header will help your Box breathe. So will a different air intake, either a short ram or a cold air induction set up. An exhaust system matched to your header will seal the deal. Your Box will thank you and you'll dig the performance.

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
header=A+. i love mine. i am still running stock exhaust and i can tell its just screaming to have free flowing pipe all the way down. I plan on from the header back doin 2.5 inch piping, 1 high flow cat, and an a-spec titanium muffler.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. I have a tanabe axle-back exhaust already so I have high expectations from putting this header on. I think thats gonna be about it for the "power" mods. I have an intake also. What else is everyone else doing besides turbos? I won't put a pulley on for fear of engine damage. What else y'all got?

·
Registered
611 Posts
anyone know if there's a any difference if you just install a intake and exhaust, instead of I/E/H?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the UPS guy just dropped off my new DC sports header today! I'm all excited, can't wait to get it in. The only thing that bugs me is that the "comprehensive" instructions don't mention any torque specs to re-tighten the bolts/nuts to. I went out of my way to purchase a torque wrench so I could properly tighten all these fasteners cuz I do all my own modding and now they don't give me torque specs. :eek: Any advice ya'll got would be great.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
IF you put on a long tube header what else do you have to change when installing it, I know the entire exhaust would help, but does the rest of teh exhaust bolt up to the long tube???

I hear the perrin harmonic balancer help quite a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.