Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys was driving on the freeway the other day in the rain and noticed my car started to sway. i have driven in the rain for the longest and nothing but for some reason it just started to sway was wounding if anyone can help my out? couple of my buddys said hydroplan because i have crazy camber -5 and also the nitto neo gens any ideas thanks

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:) mine does the same in the rain i got the same tires but no camber its just the tires hydroplain on the water

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If by sway you mean the wind blowing it, that's normal for a barn with wheels.

I never knew sway meant that you lost traction on the road.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I guess I'm not hip to the lingo these days. I thought sway meant:

Sway /sweɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[swey]
–verb (used without object)
1. to move or swing to and fro, as something fixed at one end or resting on a support.
2. to move or incline to one side or in a particular direction.
3. to incline in opinion, sympathy, tendency, etc.: She swayed toward conservatism.
4. to fluctuate or vacillate, as in opinion: His ideas swayed this way and that.
5. to wield power; exercise rule.
–verb (used with object)
6. to cause to move to and fro or to incline from side to side.
7. to cause to move to one side or in a particular direction.
8. Nautical. to hoist or raise (a yard, topmast, or the like) (usually fol. by up).
9. to cause to fluctuate or vacillate.
10. to cause (the mind, emotions, etc., or a person) to incline or turn in a specified way; influence.
11. to cause to swerve, as from a purpose or a course of action: He swayed them from their plan.
12. to dominate; direct.
13. to wield, as a weapon or scepter.
14. to rule; govern.
–noun
15. the act of swaying; swaying movement.
16. rule; dominion: He held all Asia in his sway.
17. dominating power or influence: Many voters were under his sway.

:D Tis only a joke fellas. Just had to ask the sources.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks guys so its normal cuz this was the first time and it was scray like hell i almost killed myself and two friends

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Vanilla just hunkers down on her rain tires, grits her teeth, and zips right along in the rain. Very stable, no hydroplaining, very good braking/cornering. (Since I live in rain country - Seattle area - that was one of the requirements when I dumped my OE tires at just a few thousand miles. Those Goodyears were like driving on greased owl **** about 2/3rds of the time.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts