·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
bbRydr said:
TEIN BASIC COIL OVER KIT- $750
HOTCHKIS SPORTS SWAY BARS- $185
HOTCHKIS FRONT STRUT TIE BAR- $145
GREDDY REAR STRUT BAR- $160
I have the TEIN Wagon coilovers which are roughly the same set-up except for different spring settings, but I have since changed my set-up to a custom rate/height set of springs.

I would replace the Hotchkis set w/ the Progress rear bar and new endlinks for the front bar. That alone will save you the hassles of the front bar installation and at least $150.

Just about any front strut tower brace will work as the front strut towers are already semi-rigid as they are part of the firewall.

Rear strut tower braces are useless if they use the shock struts for bracing. In order for them to be effective, they need to bolt directly to the towers themselves.

Now, this is just my opinion about what works for me, as I am no expert. My post is based upon my experiences of working on front and rear wheel drive Toyotas since 1982. And I know someone will prolly post some info contradictory to what I have here.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
bbRydr said:
sup peeps can you give me a rating for this suspension set up for the box:

TEIN BASIC COIL OVER KIT- $750
HOTCHKIS SPORTS SWAY BARS- $185
HOTCHKIS FRONT STRUT TIE BAR- $145
GREDDY REAR STRUT BAR- $160

BASED ON 1-10 SCALE, 1=SUCKS------ 10=TAKE A CORNER GOING 70MPH...LOL
So once this system is in place, are we gonna see you blastin' down the 54 or the 94 freeway? :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
squirrel said:
Now, this is just my opinion about what works for me, as I am no expert. My post is based upon my experiences of working on front and rear wheel drive Toyotas since 1982. And I know someone will prolly post some info contradictory to what I have here.
I think you are confusing this site with Scionlife:D

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Its happened at least twice already.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
Its happened at least twice already.
It's okay Bro. Let it be like water on a duck's back......... let it roll off! I personally consider your input vital.

Speaking of which, can you confirm that it's recommended not to drop an xB more than 2" for a fixed suspension set-up? And if so, why?
(Does that question make sense?)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
It's okay Bro. Let it be like water on a duck's back......... let it roll off! I personally consider your input vital.

Speaking of which, can you confirm that it's recommended not to drop an xB more than 2" for a fixed suspension set-up? And if so, why?
(Does that question make sense?)
Its because of the limited travel the OEM shocks will have, They will "bottom out", cause extra wear, and eventually blow the seals. I went 10k miles, maybe less on the Spy springs and OEM struts before I went coilovers.

Another factor to consider are the road conditions in your area.

I mainly drive on the freeway w/ my xB, and we all know how bad CA freeways are, especially around highly populated areas. Might as well be driving a 4x4!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
Its because of the limited travel the OEM shocks will have, They will "bottom out", cause extra wear, and eventually blow the seals. I went 10k miles, maybe less on the Spy springs and OEM struts before I went coilovers.

Another factor to consider are the road conditions in your area.

I mainly drive on the freeway w/ my xB, and we all know how bad CA freeways are, especially around highly populated areas. Might as well be driving a 4x4!
Thanks. I can't remember the brand, but they offer a spring that has a drop of about 2.5" for the front, and maybe 2" for the rear. But coilovers maybe a serious consideration in the future. Any info on the Ground Control coilovers?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Any info on the Ground Control coilovers?
Sorry, I don't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.