Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought it on November 19, 2005 after waiting three months to find a PW 5-speed. Have done a few mods to it so far. New interior, strut bar, grounding kit, cold cathode engine bay lights, led interior lights, rear cargo light, changed A/C light colors, TRD springs, TRD quickshift kit, carbon fiber dash and window cover overlays, wide angle rear view mirror with led's, axle back exhaust with 4.5 inch pipe, blue pedals and a few more things in the works.

Rear dome mod

And now...my super duper, ultra hip, everybody's gonna want some $2.00 mod.......

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DTRAIN619 said:
I wanna see you rear cargo light.

BTW, nice box!
Just went outside to take a shot and the battery is dead on the Sony. I'll take some shots tomorrow and post them. I still have to shoot my subs, the rear cargo light and my ultra hip super cool two dollar mod...

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Just went outside to take a shot and the battery is dead on the Sony. I'll take some shots tomorrow and post them. I still have to shoot my subs, the rear cargo light and my ultra hip super cool two dollar mod...
Cool, I'll just sit right here 'til you post the pics!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DTRAIN619 said:
Cool, I'll just sit right here 'til you post the pics!
Just so you don't have to wait up all night...I quick charged the battery and took these photos. The lights appear yellowish in the flash but they are clear in person...

Now go to sleep! :cool:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DTRAIN619 said:
Ooh, I like it! Gotta give us the 411! Now, I think the sandman is on his way....
I got it at Pick A Part for 3 dollars. It came out of a Nissan, I think, I had taken out about five different domes and then decided which one I liked best. It's wired through the headliner to the stock dome. It was kind of tough getting the wires through without removing the headliner but with the use of a wire coat hanger and some patience I was able to get it through. I have another dome for the front that has two map lights in it but I'm waiting to see if I can swing a sunroof.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sid said:
nice box!!!!!
i've been wanting to ask you this before, can you take a close pics of the wheelskins? I want to see the stitching, does it fit tight on the spoke area?
thanks,
Here are a couple of close up shots. The area around the spokes can be as good or as bad as you like. If you have the time and you are willing to take it, you can make it look great. Mine fits tight all over and there is no movement when turning the wheel. I've seen some where the installers have hurried and missed the count on the holes, looks terrible. Mine took a little over two hours and still is not perfect. I am happy with the results though and it cost me a lot less than a new wheel and hub.

Oh, a good strong thumb and a couple of bandages will really come in handy when installing it.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
thanks for the quick response, WoW!!the black perforated leather looks 10x better than plain ones. I guess I have to redo mine. if you look at the bottom spoke, its not tight enough, but then again, I got it already used and it is not an exact fit to the xB.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Sid,
I see what you mean about the fitment at the bottom. I dealt directly with the people at Wheelskins. They have a cover pattern that is made for the xB. It's hard to tell in the pics but the white leather is perforated as well. I spent a lot of time working on the lower spoke to make it look as good as I could. The secret is to take a few extra threads back around from the front to the back and make sure that the number of holes match up. The feel of the perforated leather is great!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
when you say cover pattern, do you mean the bottom is cut differently, or theres an insert inside? the one I got is actually bigger so I made an insert in the top silver part. the black part is just right, i did not thought of putting an insert on the bottom silver coz of the spoke, probably I should, but only in the spoke area.
thanks again for your quick reply.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sid said:
when you say cover pattern, do you mean the bottom is cut differently, or theres an insert inside? the one I got is actually bigger so I made an insert in the top silver part. the black part is just right, i did not thought of putting an insert on the bottom silver coz of the spoke, probably I should, but only in the spoke area.
thanks again for your quick reply.

Sorry Sid, my bad. I didn't explain that well enough. The xB's steering wheel size doesn't match any of the "off the shelf" sizes that can be ordered for the Wheelskins. When I called the company they told me that they have a special pattern for the xB wheel because Scion had requested covers from them. If you were to order a cover from eBay or something like that you would be asked to pick a size from the list available. None of those will fit better than the one you have on now. If you order from Wheelskins directly, they can give you the one made specifically for the Box. It is the perfect size and leaves no gaps or "bunched up" spots. I hope this is a little more clear. ;)

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
I have another dome for the front that has two map lights in it but I'm waiting to see if I can swing a sunroof.
do it dude, you will not regret it. The windows in the xB are so panoramic, with a sunroof it just sets the whole thing off. I love mine and I would definatly recommend it. Especially for where you live :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.