Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ever done or thought of adding a sun roof to their box?
well what i was thinking was a dual sliding sun roof(s) for the rear and the front but not sure how much or how it would look so if yer box has a sun roof of some sort please post a pix thank you

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
bbRydr said:
any ever done or thought of adding a sun roof to their box?
well what i was thinking was a dual sliding sun roof(s) for the rear and the front but not sure how much or how it would look so if yer box has a sun roof of some sort please post a pix thank you
Like this!!

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
I actually just had a sunroof installed on my box last week and it came out sweet! Its the Hollandia 524 sunroof by Webasto. The largest out on the market! only takes a day or 2 to install and it comes with a 5yr. / 50,000 mile warrantee. I dont have my pics uploaded to my computer yet but heres a link to the site: http://www.webasto.us/press/en/am_auto_sunroofs_3641.html. any questions PM me and i will be happy to answer them as best I can!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Down4Action1 said:
I looked at that one also but decide to go with one big sunroof! Other one is still pretty sweet tho!
Can't wait to see your pics! Do you have any additional reinforcement work done to the roof structure? How about leaks?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Down4Action1 said:
I actually just had a sunroof installed on my box last week and it came out sweet! Its the Hollandia 524 sunroof by Webasto. The largest out on the market! only takes a day or 2 to install and it comes with a 5yr. / 50,000 mile warrantee. I dont have my pics uploaded to my computer yet but heres a link to the site: http://www.webasto.us/press/en/am_auto_sunroofs_3641.html. any questions PM me and i will be happy to answer them as best I can!
hey how much did that cost you

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey dion Exactly like that one WHERE CAN I GIT SOME INFO ABOUT THAT SET UP????? GIT BACK AT ME THANKS

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Down For Action How Much Did That Cost You And Do They Have A Dual Glass Pannel Like The Box Dion Posted Thanks

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I have a webasto full power sunroof as well, and I love it. Can't imagine the box without it actually, everytime I get in someone else's it looks strange :D

I originally wanted to put in the dual sunroofs like the one Dion posted, but I was told (and it makes perfect sense) that the rear one will be a royal ***** as far as leaking goes. It's hard to get a good lasting seal around the ridges on the roof

·
Registered
296 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Can't wait to see your pics! Do you have any additional reinforcement work done to the roof structure? How about leaks?
I paid like $1300 installed and it took them 2 days to finish! as for leaks.....so far so good! It rained pretty good last week and it held up like a champ! I guess there is a reinforcment beam that runs through the center of the roof, but the sunroof has its own reinforcment beam that seem to work really well!! Cant say I have any complaints at all! :D

·
Registered
19,896 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
PinchFlat said:
Well then you party pooper :( I guess this will have to do: http://www.donmar.com/sunroofs/fold.htm
Oppps here comes more rain on your parade....
From the website: Hollandia 400 Deluxe (fka Big Sky) by Webasto is a Giant 30x42 full electric folding sunroof with electronic control. Integrated external wind deflector reduces wind noise while open or closed. Black PVC top cover material looks like canvas. Light grey vinyl interior can be dyed to match most headliner colors. NOTE: overall length is 48 inches. This model is not suitable for short rooflines or vehicles with ribbed roofs. DONMAR maintains service parts for the H400/AT2, however complete kits are no longer available.

The Boxes became unstable when that much of the roof was cut out. The company had to settle a few lawsuits for twisted bodies and they decided to quit that model on the Box. You can still get it on bigger cars.

·
Registered
296 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Oppps here comes more rain on your parade....
From the website: Hollandia 400 Deluxe (fka Big Sky) by Webasto is a Giant 30x42 full electric folding sunroof with electronic control. Integrated external wind deflector reduces wind noise while open or closed. Black PVC top cover material looks like canvas. Light grey vinyl interior can be dyed to match most headliner colors. NOTE: overall length is 48 inches. This model is not suitable for short rooflines or vehicles with ribbed roofs. DONMAR maintains service parts for the H400/AT2, however complete kits are no longer available.

The Boxes became unstable when that much of the roof was cut out. The company had to settle a few lawsuits for twisted bodies and they decided to quit that model on the Box. You can still get it on bigger cars.
I know that even on the sunroof that I got he still had to take his time and do a little fab work to make sure that everything sealed up right and that everything was in its proper place and positioned right!! Thats why I gave em my box for a couple days so he could take his time and make sure that there were no problems! Came out looking and performing Perfect! No problems thus far! :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts