Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and I am seriously considering buying an xB. But I was wondering if there was a kit of some sort out there to have suicide doors. I think this vehicle would look killer with those type doors. Plus if you guys have any suggestions as what to get or not get on the xB that would be great as well. Love the forum.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
obnoxious_xb said:
Word on the street is its not just a simple bolt on kit to suicide it. I think theres some major reinforcement stuff that has to take place on the frame. But hey, what do i know?
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Unfortunately, I heard the same thing in order to pull off suicide doors on the xB.

Nevertheless, welcome to Club xB. As far as things to get, I hear cruise control is nice.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yep, the rear section needs MAJOR reinforcing. Though, there is one back east and one in Puerto Rico, IRC, that have suicide doors. If you have the time and MONEY, any mod can be accomplished.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That's probably $10K out the door, including materials and such.

Yeah, I doubt if we'll be seeing too many more of these in the near future since it's such a pain to do.

James has the black and red two-tone, right? I don't have any pics of his, but I did snatch these of the "Transformer" before the guy's photobucket account went down. This is the one in PR:

Note the reverse opening and spinning hood as well. Quite nice. Downside is that the owner never posts so I really don't have any info on the car beyond the pictures.

-Alex

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
That's probably $10K out the door, including materials and such.

Yeah, I doubt if we'll be seeing too many more of these in the near future since it's such a pain to do.

James has the black and red two-tone, right? I don't have any pics of his, but I did snatch these of the "Transformer" before the guy's photobucket account went down. This is the one in PR:

Note the reverse opening and spinning hood as well. Quite nice. Downside is that the owner never posts so I really don't have any info on the car beyond the pictures.

-Alex
The idea and set-up is cool, I don't care for the hood and the Box itself.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Suicide Doors

Im hoping to suicide my rear doors if I chop the top on it. Guy quoted me $5,000 and it will go in like a oem door. Most suicide doors when they open they other side goes outside. This guy does it so when you open it the door opens and then other edge goes inside the new jam.

good luck on your ride.

oh yea I posted pictures of the white primer one that chopped the top off. he had rear suicide doors.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes unless you have some major cash to throw down, suicide doors is not going to be practical. I really wanted suicide on both the front and back, but the reinforcement that has to happen and the labor/etc is just way too much $$$ might as well buy another XB for that price..

There's some ideas i have for things you can do with the doors that i've not seen before but i'm trying to logistically make it work....

·
Registered
485 Posts
i feel like there is a lot of money to be made if someone made a kit of this sort. Even if there needs to be some reinforcement stuff put on, if you could make and sell a kit for $1000 or less you'd be in the gold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.