Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was debating between 4 10s, 3 12s or 2 15s...
I listen to basically everythign under the sun excpet opera...
Any suggestions, the ratings on the indivual subs are:

10s 750/1500 watts
12s 850/17500 watts
15s 1000/2000watts

I was looking for something that will sound good and will look good with my box im building

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Im running one 12" DVC Rockford T1 wired parallel at 1 ohm, mono'd on a Lunar L1500. Its all on the box and port deisgn. I used WinISD to comeup with my port size, its free and you cann see how the port size increases or decrease the dB gain at what ever frequecy you are tuning your box to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Go With Jl Audio 13w7 With One Sub Is More Than
Most And Amp 1000/1 Or 2 500/1 ....check It Out
I Am Making My Fiberglass Box Sounds Good And Looks Good.if You Want Slp Ported Box Is What You Need But Is To Big.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
if you like tight quick , clean bass go with 10's. if you like loud go with multiple 12's , if you like insanely loud but horrible sounding go with 15's.

·
Registered
352 Posts
clean = 10 deep = 12. loud useless noise and only useful for bass competition = 15

·
Registered
208 Posts
IMO, 4 10's would just be a waste...i would go w/ the 12's......they're supposed to get the nice lows that 10's can't catch

·
Registered
352 Posts
for all around music go 2 12.

hell ive been running a single 12 and it works for everything. 2 just looks and will sound better

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not to throw a wrench in the works or anything but, I've had realy good luck running 4 8's. They consume alot less automobile space than larger woofers and if you get high enough end ones, they pick up the beloved low notes as well as the higher bass notes the larger woofers cannot.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just didnt want somethign so big in the back...i wanted something to look cool...3 12s would look goo dtoo...i need to get the airpsace measuements

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I had 4-12s in a sealed box under the back seat of my 98 Silverado - It hit hard, deep and LOUD........the 3 sets of 6.5 seprates helped too....

·
Registered
4 Posts
The subs for all around would be 10's they can go deep in the correct enclosure and the right amount of power. 12's would be louder but sacrifice some of the sound quality. 15's yeah spl only. I would go with the 10's simply because the bass wave breaks at a shorter distance and the sonic accuracy.
if you want loud low deep 10's jlw3or resonant engineering 10's xxx which is now owned by us amps. the jl's will be more accurate but the xxx will go louder. if you choose jl i would say use a minimum of 300 rms per speaker. remember speakers almost always blow from distortion not power. The enclosure should be sealed for the greatest accuracy,ported is great for certain frequencies but doesnt have the nice 18db rollover slope the sealed box will have.hope this has been helpful

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I like single sub systems, you can do a lot with 1 sub, and if its a dual voice coil (dvc) then you can run it across both channels of the amp or mono the amp to a low load.12's sound good all around, and can go deep.
The port is tuned to 45hz which gives me a gain of 8db at that specific fequency, port size and lenght can increase or decrease the gan and shift the frequency. Its all in the box size and port size

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.