Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went stereo shopping today with one of my buddies and this is what I got. I got two 12" P2 rockford subs 500w, 250 rms and a rockford amp that is 1500w, 500 rms. So it evens out the rms 250 rms each channel. Would this blow out the subs??? One of my friends said it might but I talked to a couple of guys that used to work on stereos and they said it was fine, I just have to play around with the gain...What do you guys think???

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
As long as the gain is set accordingly you'll get plenty of life out of the amp and the subs. Also, the box needs to be built correctly and specifically for those subs. If you're going ported, you need to tune it correctly as well. You've got a bit of work ahead of you, but you should be ok.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, I'd turn the gain down more than half on the amp. The Rockford Fosgates also comes with a bass control knob that you can adjust the bass with as well. I have a Jl Audio W7 8" sub which I believe is 1,000 Peak Watts and 250 RMS. I have a Rockford Mono 600/1 RMS pushing it and I have the gain somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2. The bass control I have adjusted to about half. Got plenty of bass. Your subs should hit pretty hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.