Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys. Just looking around at the way cool halos ya'll got and had some questions. Are all halos "projectors"? I don't really understand what projectors are in the first place. I'd really like to put some halos on my car but if the light output sucks I don't wanna deal with it. I am buying some silverstars for my stockers next week, will they fit the Halos? The book at the store says to use 9003 Silverstars. are there any silverstar ultras that will be compatible with the stock lights? Any help you can offer will be great, thanks!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
SilverStars are awesome in the Stock lights. No, they won't fit in any other lights for the xB.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the halos are 9006 low beam. the silverstar ultra is the same part number if you are running it in the same housing.

all halos dont HAVE to be projectors. most of them are. my light output is great. i havent had any problems with it. maybe im just lucky.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If you get projectors, make sure they are adjustable.

These are not adjustable:

Attachments

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the halo is the little round light that is on the outside of the actual headlight bulb and only serves as an accent light. they just look cool. the actual projector is usually a little roundish piece that the headlight bulb fits into which acts as a magnifying glass if you will.. hence projecting the beam of light. almost like half an egg but made of glass. or whatever their made of.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yep they are made of glass. they are a convex shape so when you lookinside the housing from the back you will see the little piece of metal that makes the cutoff at the bottom instead of the top. Also I don't know if i would reccomend the silverstar ultra for projectors...I have them in mines and I like it, but I don't think they were made for projectors, they just don't live up to all their hype in projectors...but I bet they would in stockers

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, guys. I'm back. Does anyone have the halos from bBist? I was thinking of getting them cuz they come with bulbs and I like the style. Does anyone have pics of a Salsa Red xB with Halos? Just trying to get an idea of what I am getting myself into before I blow my bonus check. Thanks!

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
thats quite the bonus check. make sure you leave enough for yourself to pay attention. lol

im pretty sure the bBist ones are just as similar to the ones in my car. i took a pic of someones car at the avondale meet here in phoenix, it was salsa red with the halos. they are not turned on but man, they look sweet as ever. ill see if i can find it.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
wow, thats really cool man. i cant seem to find the pics but ill keep searching.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
this was Hip2beSquare at the avondale meet out here in arizona. hope im not gonna get flames for showing someone elses car or anything. its not a straight pic of the halos but its the salsa red with the same lights i have, it looks way more bitchin in person. its a very nice car.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice, W00st3r...
I ordered the black housing lights from bBist.com the other night. Steve, the guy with the wrecked 4.0, sent me some pics of his salsa red with the same lights. What do you guys think of replacing the stock grill with a black OEm grill? Just to straighten out the color band on the front of the car.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
thats a hot idea, mine was almost like that with my billet grille. then i moved to the solid filled white grille. lol i thought about this post last night at a show i saw a beautiful slasa red with the halos and i was like OHHHH i gotta get a pic of that for this thread.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My halos came today! these things look way more bad ass in person. before i go crazy and jump in though i want to find out how to remove the front bumper and anything else i need to remove. i assume the little black and red wires are for the light rings but where do they hook up to? i want them to come on with the parking lights so they flash with the keyless entry.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
sweet, i remember i was so excited when i got my lights too. the mail came and i know what my day was going to consist of. installaion

the best thing is to get a poke tester that lights up, strip back some of the cover and poke the turn signal wires while you hit the button on the remote. youll see the tester light up momentarily, and thats the wire you want to connect the red too. and of course the ground goes to a metal bolt on the chassis of the car. dont shock the hell outta your self tho. lol i dont have mine hooked up for when they blink because i think they halos might blink with the turn signal. and that i deffinately didnt want.

as far as taking off the bumper, its real easy. theres 2 bolts on each side in front of the tires that seperate the inner fender well from the bumper. and theres a few plastic tangs on the underside that youll need to free up. then once you remove your grill, theres 3 bolts that are up there. it helps to remember what bolts went where because they are different sizes and thread pitches. so if you lay them kinda in the formation you took them off it should be fairly simple. you can also check the tech articles here on club xB or on Scionlife.com theres many write ups about the subject. if you have any more questions feel free to ask. good luck and have fun
Andy

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah i thought about them blinking after i shut down the pc. where do you have yours tapped into? go figure i get my lights and we get hit with a major wisconsin snow storm huh? they are talking thirty inches by monday

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
holy crap thats allot of snow. i have mine tapped into the running light bulb, same as the turn signal but it just comes on when i turn on the lights. the halos come on first click and stay on when i turn the lights on. so if im using just the parking lights, the halos run too, and they stay on with my headlights... now that ive said that all twice. i cant wait to see some pics either of the 30 inches of snow or your headlight install

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, i looked up the bumper removal on scionlife (I really hate that page, it always takes forever to load, no matter what) and am getting ready to dive in. I have to work tonight so it may have to wait til sunday. I snapped some pics of my car with about 8 inches of snow on it this morning, maybe I could post that up after I figure out how. Hopefully I'll have these done soon. I have a big date planned with my G/f and she says she wants to see the car with the halos when we go out.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.