Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm picking up my 06.5 in TCM next week and I was thinking about adding a few things already, nothing special though, just maybe the door sill enhancements, maybe the rear bumper applique, and chrome door handles. I was thinking of getting this stuff from TRD Sparks. Does the bumper thing really do anything, or am I better off without it? And what do you guys think of the chrome handles? Do you think they're worth it? I can't believe I don't even have it yet, and already I want to buy like 73705480358 things for it! :D

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
you should just buy mine

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Plain and simple, YOU have the mod bug. It happens when you buy a Scion.

Any mod that you really enjoy is worth it. Remember, it is your car, even though you will get many opinions about things. Keep in mind people change their stuff up all the time, so you can get the same parts, although used, at a good price. I'd say everyone on here takes VERY good care of their stuff, and I recommend purchasing from just about anyone.

If a part you really want costs 100 bucks, but you would be happy with it, and totally enjoy what you've done, then it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I didn’t see any point in the bumper appliqué at first myself.

Until I brought the box home. Day one and right away the entire bumper was covered with footprints (mine) and a tiny scratch. So back for the appliqué.

Since you’re into chrome you might want to go for something like this:

You can find it, and other chrome goodies here:
http://www.scionpro.com/cart/index.php?cPath=52

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that chrome bumper thing rocks! I will check out that site. I ordered the door sills and a cover, but I'm still thinking about the door handles and a bumper thing. We'll see! :D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome to Scionitis. . .

the inability to stop modding. :D

Might be a good time to start looking for a club too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sure would, but if I got that, I'd have to take off the Scion badges and get bB ones! Plus maybe more JDM stuff so it would match. The list is getting longer! :eek:

·
Registered
195 Posts
After looking at my friends 04 bumper I got the applique. 2 weeks after getting my box I was unloading a large sized box from the back and it slid down over the applique and scratched the hell outta the paint....cardboard scratched the paint.
Fortunately the scratches were only over the applique by about an 1/8" so it's not bad but the paint on these things suck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eek! I'd better get something. I don't know that I'll be moving hella boxes in it, but I'd rather not mess up the back. Maybe i'll go for the bB one after all? We'll see. I still have to pick it up first. :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Until I brought the box home. Day one and right away the entire bumper was covered with footprints (mine) and a tiny scratch. So back for the appliqué.

Since you’re into chrome you might want to go for something like this:

You can find it, and other chrome goodies here:
http://www.scionpro.com/cart/index.php?cPath=52

that is sexxxxxxxyyyyyyyy mmmmm i like one in flat black mmmmmm:)

·
Registered
762 Posts
the list keeps getting longer and longer until you end up looking like this (mine):

and you STILL want more stuff. its never ending :( hahaha

for JDM stuff check out myautofashion.com as pointed out, as well as newscionparts.com. i get a lot of stuff from them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.