Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for reading and hopefully giving me info that can help me. I was trying to pull out the Oil Control VVT valve out of my 06 XB. I watched a video on YouTube and it seemed very simple and straight forward. It shouldn't have been a problem, well not for me. When I was wiggling and pulling on the valve to get it out, the part that is outside of the motor came off the rest of the valve. The rest stayed in the motor, it is really stuck in there. I only have a small metal lip to work with. I already broke off a small bit off that lip trying to get a flathead behind it and forcing it forward. My question is, if I take off the valve cover, which is no problem, will I be able to get to the rest of the valve and push it out? I attached a pic of the old broken and new valve so you can see what I'm dealing with. I hope someone can give me a clue of to how to get the rest of that valve out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it took a lot of effort, penetrating oil, vice grips, channel locks, long flat heads, hammer, sweat and determination but I got it out. The new one in and the car is running just like it should.

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
48 Posts
I had no idea what to suggest or I would have... Glad you succeeded, though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts