Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my question about strut bars is I have seen some cars that use a triangular type that attaches to the firewall along with going from one strut to the other. I'm making mine and was thinking about doing this. But I was wondering if y'all think it wouldake a difference in adding the extra to attach to the fire wall? My last one I made was a double tube with bracing in between the 2 tubes. With adjustments on both sides. (Was on a del sol) also making one for the rear as well. Just wanted some opinions.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,509 Posts
Triangulated to the firewall will give better bracing because you are using more than the one mounting point to deal with different force angles. That said it is all but impossible to do this on a 2nd gen xB due to the location of the strut towers, vent cowl, and brake master cylinder. I think almost every brand has the bar actually push forward to clear all of this. I've attached a picture of mine so you can get an idea of it. As for the rear a simple single mounting point solid bar works quite well. I have one from TB Performance and it stiffened up the rear quite a bit, helping to offset the increased under steer from the front brace.

Attachments

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,509 Posts
This is the only decent shot I have of the rear upper brace. Keep in mind that my floor is raise close to 3 inches so the bar normally goes across the hatch area 3-3.5 inches above the stock floor height.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the only decent shot I have of the rear upper brace. Keep in mind that my floor is raise close to 3 inches so the bar normally goes across the hatch area 3-3.5 inches above the stock floor height.
Thanks for the pics will definitely help me design something for mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts