Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pensacola Scikotics
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed these people about this strut bar and haven't gotten a response yet , so I thought some of you guys could offer up some answers. This bar is "carbon fiber finish". What I'm wondering is, is this just paint? I'm looking for an inexpensive strut bar that I can powder coat to go with the rest of my engine pieces. Any ideas on it's actual finish?
http://ssuperstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/25_53/products_id/731

Thanks,
Kevin

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
"Finish" means just that, i think. It is probably made of aluminium. Since powdercoating involves high temperature, i am not too shure if you can safely coat over the existing finish. Just guessing. APR makes similar looking bar, but it is around $90. I have it and noticed the difference in decrease of the body flex.

·
Pensacola Scikotics
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Finish" means just that, i think. It is probably made of aluminium. Since powdercoating involves high temperature, i am not too shure if you can safely coat over the existing finish. Just guessing. APR makes similar looking bar, but it is around $90. I have it and noticed the difference in decrease of the body flex.
Yeah that's why I'm wondering exactly what kind of finish it is. I can have the original finish stripped off QUICKLY if its just a paint.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If you are just looking for a cheap strut bar to powder coat, check out Megan on ebay. Price is the same, and you wouldn't have to strip any paint. It is available in multiple colors as well. You might not even need to powder coat it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As it's up for debate weather or not a strut bar actually does anything I got one of the Cusco look alikes off ebay for $24. It is actually a decent piece with nice heavy duty parts and decent welds on the end plates that look like they might actually take load on them. Would be easy to pc or paint it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.