Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to get sponsored by them does anyone know?
i am writing a proposal out right now and my car looks pretty good i think its clean
i have wheels/lowered it/cf hood/ and intake.
so its nothing spetacular but it doesnt look horrible.
what do u think i would need to do?

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
I think right now all they have available is part sponsorships where you get the part for cost. The header would be like $200 shipped out the door. At least that is what they told me when I emailed them about it. No one here in Michigan is running Strup and I wanted to have it for Autorama. I was competing against a Hot lava xb with Turbo and bags. Since I have no job right now I thought it was worth a try. Maybe since I won the Scion xB Wild class they would reconsider a sponsprship for the DUB show. Only kidding.

Best of luck for you

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
iheartmyxb said:
oh ok thanks.
do u know what he has done to his box? or car taht he has?
He has an xA. He's just done some performance stuff to it like short shifter (or whatever it's called), CAI, painted engine cover, tinted windows...he's doing some other stuff to it too. He has rims also.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
thats good. personally gettin sponsered by companies id start w/ local shops that have a good rep in the industry. some manufacturers are okay. go w/ the smaller companies like strup that are considered new entities in the industry. i have gotten a free set of headers from strup. great stuff i like it =)

·
Registered
813 Posts
quadoptix said:
theres a definite difference in power. i wouldnt say its mind blowing as we do own a 108hp motor but the powerband is more crisp in the upper range.
I agree I took off the CAI system from AEM and left the headers and their exhaust and it still picks up farily quick...Strups a good company and Charlies s nice guy, I need to go down and pick up some goodies from him once i get the cash

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Strup has some good stuff for the xB! If I dind't have what I have now, and wasn't on disabilitry, I would replace my header w/ Strup, but I can't do the exhaust swap though. The xA will have the Strup header and axleback.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.