Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought 2 white strobe lights instead of the neon lights. Anyone ever seen this on a car? I figure I can hook them up in the engine compartment so if it doesn't look good I can always change out to neons later on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i think that would be kinda cool to have strobe lights in the engine deparment post some pics i want to see what it looks like. thanks dustin

·
Registered
368 Posts
they do look sweet no matter where you really put them.
I have seen them under body, in headlights, wheel wells, across the dash, under the dash.

post some pics when you get them installed, should look real good.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
They are illegal any where if they are on while driving on any public roadway. A lot of guys here have them in the headlights.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any of the lights on while driving are illegal. This includes the neon under carriage, headlight LED's and the wheel valvle stem caps. I won't be driving with them on and it'l strictly be for show.

However the strobes might take a back seat (literally) and I'll be switching to green LED's for under carriag and engine bay. I'm looking into doing something original with a lime green color scheme.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I picked up 4 disposable cameras from wally world, the film had been removed, the camera guy gave them to me, Im going to hack on them to put them at all 4 cormers some how.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Heres my strobe experiment with a extra headlight i had. I bought these at wally world for under $10
From Wally World

Mounting hole from the front

Mounting hole from the back

A test fit of the strobe.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Skeeter said:
Heres my strobe experiment with a extra headlight i had. I bought these at wally world for under $10
From Wally World

Mounting hole from the front

Mounting hole from the back

A test fit of the strobe.
Paul, the little condoms crack me up. Let me know how much light they put out.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had the same strobe kit in my astro, they were hooked up in the dome light and I added an extra switch..... there ok they blink together and aren't very fast, I still have em I took em out before they towed the van away... I was thinking of putting them in the headlights too....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Skeeter said:
I picked up 4 disposable cameras from wally world, the film had been removed, the camera guy gave them to me, Im going to hack on them to put them at all 4 cormers some how.

You should make a tazer glove with them. i'll see if i can find the write-up on it...or you could just wait for someone to sit on it and shock the pee out of them(litterally)...i've even shocked myself with one accidentally before, it left 2 burn marks on my finger...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I once had strobe lights in my 89 Nissan Sentra. I had them on my headlights. I would park the car...say at car show out in the parking lot of a In-N-Out and turn them on. Maybe I shoud do the same to my green machine.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Without the condoms (for lack of a better descritpion) they are bright. I gave my self a headache while trying to see where to put them. Now to figure out where to put the controll which I may take apart and mount in the dash with only a powre switch and the speed controlls showing.

BigKokujin, the camera strobes have a 350v cap 120 micro farad cap per camera or per strobe, the wally world kit has a (1) 400v 22 micro farad cap for 2 strobes, this voltage gets stepped up drasticly to fire the zenon gas in the strobe. You have to be very carefull, the camera storbe do NOTdis-charge over time, and there is enough energy stored that it can hurt you. And the bright ligth can cuse eye damage

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
thanks, but since the shock, i haven't played with them in a while(unfortunately)

·
Banned
528 Posts
So with the camera's you are looking to hook them to a power switch to strobe when activate?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Skeeter, I got that same unit...also that other thing is a control that allows me to have up to 4 things that use 12v power, without having to have 4 seperate power and/or grounds...i got it from Autozone $19
I don't know what up with this janky-ass camera. it didn't capture the flashed correctly. But the few flashes you see, it flashed like that througout the whole clip. You can see these flashes that dosen't look like the strobes, they are faint, and it starts at the bottom of the clip window, then goes up, then you can actually see the strobe flash, but those other flashes were actually the strobe flashing...

You can also see the strobes in the tails...these are the cleared ones, waiting on the red leds for the brakes...

Video You'll probably want to turn your sound down, because i forgot to turn the radio off...

I put the controller under the dash behind the shift...i gtounded it to the front bolt on the e-brake, and power from a 10 fuse to one of the open slots in the fusebox...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You gotta flip it; the control pad goes with the "modulator", and i got it from autozone...my autozone didn't have any either, i got it from O'Riley's...I though it would light up, so you know when the stuff is on...but it dosen't...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.