Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all know what the new xb looks like, but they're describing this to be the '08 model. i dunno what this could be...anyone care to elaborate?

thecarconnection.com- "Scion's hot-selling xB is due to be redesigned soon, and the replacement vehicle is expected to be larger than the current model. This photo captures a prototype mule, obviously based on the current xB, but stretched, which seems to confirm that the new xB will be at least a few inches longer than today's car." -Antoine Guilbaud/Hidden Image

·
Registered
276 Posts
no thanks.... i like it small but big

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well there are threads already for the new xb, which is ugly. i did notice the arizona tags, but what's up with the disguise?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah, this picture has made the rounds. It's a test mule. Pay attention to nothing but the engine and drivetrain. Possibly the wheelbase. The body is just thrown on there so that it has a body of roughly the same weight as the finished product they are looking for.

The new trend of Toyotas is to have a long wheelbase with VERY short overhangs. Look at the new Camry and Yaris for an illustration of this. I think you will see this in the next "xB" as well. Longer wheelbase, less overhang.

-Alex

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
admin said:
grizzly so do you have any inside info that you cant tell us about yet ? Or are they keeping it under wrap for now...
Nope, sorry guys! I don't have anything really good about this. I've already spilled the best piece of news that I have which is:

The next "xB" will NOT be the newly released in Japan bB.

The rumors that I have heard from Scion say to look to the t2b concept for the styling cues (for the exterior at least) and to anticipate a bigger engine (most likely the Corolla's 1.8 or the Camry's 2.4). Also, anticipate a heavier car (which is why it will have a bigger engine).

That's what I got!

-Alex

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's better than no new news! thanks grizzly. at least it won't look like the one in japan now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.