Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So,....Friday was track day for us here at Race Precision. We took an 06 M5, 04 M12, 05 Elise Turbo and our project xB turbo. I thought the xB would be the slowest on the track but I was able to pass a Miata, an A6, A4 and make a 350z look pretty sad. I'll post pictures and videos soon. :) On of the guys video taped me right on a 240's ass and the 350z behind me unable to pass.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ Yeah, I can't wait either.^^^

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it was great. Im waiting for the elise guy to rip the video for me. The bad thing is that with the drum brakes, I only held up for a few laps. As I started to get brake fade, the 350z got closer and closer, eventually I had to come off the course and let him pass. I sent an email to Wilwood to see if they are willing to make another rear disc conversion set for me.

·
Registered
916 Posts
For braking all you really need are some nice rotors, SS brake line's and a super high temp brake fluid. When I took my xB to the Willow, it wasn't that bad with this set up. What type of suspension are you running?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anime Gee said:
Hmmmm.... Maybe I should sell the Sentra, buy that 5 speed xB that I've been wanting to buy, & build it up for canyons, autocrossing, & track days... (^_^ ) ??
The car handles great for what it is. The major weak points of course are the rear brakes and the lack of power. My car is turbo so I was somewhat able to hang with the other cars. A stock xB would probably had laps ran around him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.