Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
boxed for life
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so ive been noticing a squeeking noise, I think its coming from the serpentine belt. There is no difference in driveability . you can't really hear it when im driving because of the loud exhaust but the noise is still there. you can hear it when im idling. Does this mean its time to change the belt?

oh the sound sounds almost like when water hits the belt

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
i had that problem and ended up changing it... but i sprayed belt dressing on it in the meantime to quiet it up a little. (got the spray at autozone)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm sure it's just one of your belts being loose man. Just loosen the alternator adjustment bolt and the mount bolt enough to be able to pull the alternator towards the front of the car and then tighten the adjustment bolt. Should be good to go if you get it right. I'd say check your belt out and see if there's any cracks or fraying on it. If there is I'd say change it out, it's not hard at all. If you do change it, I'd go ahead and change the power steering belt also. It'd be easy enough to do with your other belt off.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
change both belts like a month ago, raining today so it started squeeling like a pig on neutral. I guess its time to adjust it.

·
boxed for life
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I finally got around to changing the belts, and that fix it. Yea the belts were really old.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i've found the xb to have noisy belts. i'm sure when the belts are new they aren't, but i've find them to be particularly noisy. not loud, but just having a noise. my buddy who has one, and another guy i know who's wife has one, and even ones i see on the street have some squeaking! no big deal, but check it out. i find when the compressor is running when i got air or heat on it makes more noise. rainy weather also will give it more noise too i find.

·
boxed for life
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 14 of 14 Posts