Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Storing the XB outdoors for december.

Hey guys! I'm going to be storing my 04 XB M/T out doors for pretty much the whole month of december, and I was wondering if there is anything special I need to do to care for it? Battery disconnect? or leave it? Fuel stabilizer?(If so any recommendations/ brands/amounts?).

Thanks! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys! I'm going to be storing my 04 XB M/T out doors for pretty much the whole month of december, and I was wondering if there is anything special I need to do to care for it? Battery disconnect? or leave it? Fuel stabilizer?(If so any recommendations/ brands/amounts?).

Thanks! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place? If so mods could ya help a fellow XB lover out and move it to the right place? (I figured this does fall under engine talk, since it's about caring for the engine/car.)

·
jiko shiki
226 Posts
Re: Storing the XB outdoors for december.

Nooo the dreaded leaving the B outside! :eek: If your not gonna drive it I'd take the battery out and leave it in the garage on a piece of wood. I don't think you'll need a fuel stabilizer but somebody else correct me if I'm wrong. I'd try to clean out the inner fenders (at least rears) with a hose, and maybe make sure the area between the hood and windshield is cleaned out so it doesn't rot away at the car. Then I'd try to drive it a few times around the block over the time period to keep everything moving. That's the best thing to do to a car that sits outside is to just drive it once and awhile.

·
-EC HFD YO-
6,809 Posts
Re: Storing the XB outdoors for december.

I know after 20 days fuel lines CAN start to build up gunk so fuel stabilizer is recommend bu ist not absolutely needed.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
a few things i would do:
seafoam in the gastank to keep the gas from congealing
disconnect the battery
wash buff and wax really well
put it on jackstands so the tires wont flatspot
???????
profit

·
Registered
111 Posts
sounds like everyone summed it up pretty well but i will say mine sat for a month and a half last winter and i didnt do anything to it battery died and it ran kinda rough for about the first 2 min on the first start up.. and then ran fine til i wrecked it about 9 months later..

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
mine sat for a LONG time and i had the dealership drain my tank when i had my clutch swapped because i was going over seas before they could get it fixed... just get some Sta-bil from any auto parts store or Walmart....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.