Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) When I purchased my xB it was satellite ready so I had the dealer install the Scion Sirius kit.

On my head unit I can store 18 satellite channels. There are 3 preset catagories, Sat1, Sat2 & Sat3. Each catagory can save 6 channels

On my Sat 2 preset location 6 I saved channel 74 for example and it beeps indicating the channel is saved. If I scroll though preset 1-6 for Sat 2 everything is saved correctly.

When I come back again a few minutes later preset 6 is not set to channel 184

It doesn't matter what channel number I save to Sat 2 preset 6 it changes to 184 somtime later.

Preset 6 is the only channel that does not appear to save it's correct channel and resets itself to channel 184

For several days I thought I was loosing my mind :eek:

But it keeps happening so I figured I would ask if anyone else has seen this issue ?

I could call Sirius but I think they will suggest it is a head unit problem and to contact my dealer.

The bizzare thing is it only affects the one preset

It sort of sounds like a Twilight Zone episode

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a noob to the whole sat radio. I have a 2005xb with the stock 6 disc Pioneer Radio with sat capabilities. How do I know if it can play xm or sirius. Reason I ask this is that i just bought a sirius car kit and have already installed it. thanks for any tips.

Roydog

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming your 2005 xB head unit says it is satellite ready then you should be able to use either xm or sirius. If you purchased the oem Toyota/Scion Sirius tuner kit that is designed to be integrated into your xB then it should work.

If you did purchase the oem Sirius kit from Toyota and not a aftermarket Sirius receiver such as the Starmate or Sportster 4 your unit should of come with detailed instructions how to install it into the xB.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey tom thanks for the info wish i would really known that before i purchased the starmate 4. No biggie i just finished installing the starmate along with the SIRIUS FM Direct Audio Relay which gets rid of all the static. Man i love it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Roydog
You picked a great Sirius unit and the direct modulator is a great idea. For the money you made a good decision.

The factory kits cost more than your combo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah since my wife already has a starmate 4 in her corolla they sold me the 2nd starmate 4 for half price plus i get the service for $6.99 a month. I could not pass up on this deal. I will post some pics up later on how I have mine setup I should of taken some pics on my install, I might get bored one day and take it apart. LOL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys new to xb's. i just got a 06 used xb and it came with a after market SIRIUS raido , cluld it be hooked up to the head unit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.