Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got quite a lot of snow here the past couple days so the driveway was deep this morning. Got out out and on my way to work went to get gas. Filled up and turned the xb. Dash lights just lit up. VSC. Trac off and check engine light came on. I made it to work and everything seems fine. Thought I had the owners manual with me but apparently I don't. I'm thinking I have snow jammed in somewhere but just wondering if maybe it could be a problem. Anyone had this happen?

·
resident old fart
2,075 Posts
Ya just didn't get the gascap to seal good when you stopped for gas. It's an unvented system and has a sensor that triggers the trouble lights. Make sure you get the gascap to seal and it should reset itself in about 50 miles or so.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I re tried the cap twice and all lights are still there. Do I need to clear the codes or should they lights turn off once sealed?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops sorry didn't see that. I don't usually use my phone on this site.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have the code scanned (read) for free at a local auto parts store and then u will know for sure if it is just the gas cap.

·
Registered
61 Posts
had this happen when i first bought mine, over filled it. My father used to work for toyota, its a common thing when you over fill the extra gas ends up in the vapor can. run some gas out and than it will clear on its own

·
jpfxB
4,139 Posts
From now on I will, when fuel goes into the carbon canister what happens to it?
you will get evap codes and have to replace the canister

·
Registered
42 Posts
Might just be my ignorance, but what does the TRAC Control and VSC have to do with the fuel cap or even anything to do with the fuel? This is the Vehicle Stability Control system and Traction Control.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Might just be my ignorance, but what does the TRAC Control and VSC have to do with the fuel cap or even anything to do with the fuel? This is the Vehicle Stability Control system and Traction Control.
Because it's scary and makes people realize "uh oh, something's ****ed up, better take this serious"

·
Registered
33 Posts
My VSC/Tracoff and check light came on as I turned onto the freeway. (didn't fill up recently) Drove to autozone, had the code checked, and it's P0191. 5 possibilities for what's causing it. Anyone know what I should do? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
My VSC/Tracoff and check light came on as I turned onto the freeway. (didn't fill up recently) Drove to autozone, had the code checked, and it's P0191. 5 possibilities for what's causing it. Anyone know what I should do? Thanks
I'm new to this site ... but wondering if you got any replies on themeaning of the code and what to do?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts