Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok people i need your help once again

i decided to go with dynomate extreme, and i do notice a difference, however can i put an extra layer of material?

if so what is better than dynomat or what would be a step up i should say, that i can use ?

i was at their website and i noticed some called "tac mat"

has anyone heard of that and if so is it good?

any and all help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
325 Posts
You can certainly apply multiple layers. I have used dynamat before. I recently used a product called RAAMmat I like it alot better...a similar product but with a butyl base instead of asphalt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I figured why bother with two layers as its just more weight (even though I don't care about that). I did however use the RAAMmat on my entire floor AND I foamed it w/ Ensolite Foam.

When I did the Mmat in the doors and foamed all the actual door panels. Loving every moment of new found quietness.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Edead by Element Designs Audio...

I have this stuff layed in my rear hatch and trunk... works great.. I am doing both the front and rear doors this weekend since our rear door are so light...

then when I do my headliner i am going to edead the roof of my car also so I can keep more of the road noise out.. Great stuff..

You can get the Traklite edead for $2.00 a sq ft which is allot cheaper then Dynamat. or you can go with the v1 se for $1.00 per sq ft. I bought the traklite one.. bought 100 sqft to cover the whole interior of the car...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Edead by Element Designs Audio...

I have this stuff layed in my rear hatch and trunk... works great.. I am doing both the front and rear doors this weekend since our rear door are so light...

then when I do my headliner i am going to edead the roof of my car also so I can keep more of the road noise out.. Great stuff..

You can get the Traklite edead for $2.00 a sq ft which is allot cheaper then Dynamat. or you can go with the v1 se for $1.00 per sq ft. I bought the traklite one.. bought 100 sqft to cover the whole interior of the car...
When you do your roof does ED have a foam sheet product for above headliner use?? There may be enough space for this type product. I used Dynaliner above a headliner before and it worked great. Very light , nice sound level drop, and do not have to worry about it falling down (it is very light).

·
Registered
66 Posts
use peel and seal!!! same stuff as alll the others and u can buy it at lowes... by the roofing materials and way cheaper!!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
use peel and seal!!! same stuff as alll the others and u can buy it at lowes... by the roofing materials and way cheaper!!
I've heard this stuff has a really bad smell to it though, true?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Even the guys over at elemental designs used multiple layers of edead on their xB. Honestly if you are going all out on the stereo do the several layers, if you are dead set on trying to race the xB one layer will work but it will not be as noticable.

I'm getting ready to do another two layers on my rear and hatch. I've heard it makes a huge difference. The thing to remember is that you're really only lowering road noise a little but it makes a huge difference in cabin noise. You'd be amazed at the difference of +/- 3dB.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When you do your roof does ED have a foam sheet product for above headliner use?? There may be enough space for this type product. I used Dynaliner above a headliner before and it worked great. Very light , nice sound level drop, and do not have to worry about it falling down (it is very light).
One layer is more then enough... I didn't plan on running something that will take out a town then i drive by but I did want to eliminate the road noise and outside noise I would get when the car came fromt he factory. They didn't use very much of anything to block out outside sound.. So since I had everything apart you might as well.. Plus it was cheap enough it was a good investment...

Its allot better then before.

·
Registered
291 Posts
kind of oldish thread. but better then creating a new one. Anyone recommend any sites for some of this stuff?? my rear hatch rattles so i took off my rear wiper arm (for now) and it rattles a bit less. now my license plate rattles a bit (i tried using weather stripping foam behind it to keep it from rattling but still rattles) i also notice my rear quarter panels flex alot as well as my ceiling. i was looking into dynomat but not sure what most people recommended. i have a 15'' Kicker L7. if that helps any... TIA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.