Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the stock tires, which I believe, are 185/60R15 fit on a wheel that is 15x7?
Thanks, Wally

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
going out on a limb here but i believe they just might fit.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
yes they will, I have 15x7s and they fit perfectly

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Yes, they will fit. I have them stretched onto 15x8's

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, they will fit. I have them stretched onto 15x8's

I noticed you have the stock tires on the 501s and really want to do the same with the 501s that I just ordered but is a little worried about the safety factor of stretching such a narrow tire on a 8 inch rim. The place I ordered the rims from really doesn't suggest it and wouldn't perform the mounting of the stock tires for me because they do not want to be liable in case anything happens. Have you heard of any cases where people have had problems stretching the stocks on an 8" wheel? How many miles have you driven on them if you dont mind me asking?
Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure it is ok before I put them on. I commute almost 100 miles a day with my wife to my office so safety is kind of important for me.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I'm rolling the 501's on stock rubber also and hit the corners pretty hard and have not had any issues yet! I rocked stretched tires back in the "Mini Truck" days for a long time and again never had any issues! My advice is to mount your 501's on the stock tires and roll them for a weekend and find out for yourself if you feel comfortable with them or not!

Laz

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ Same here, I drive hard and have had no issues at all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the peace of mind guys. I will be picking up my 501s this weekend so hopefully I can find a shop in my area that mount my 185 tires to the 8 inch rims. I know some of the guys on the forum rum spacers on their XB with the 501s. Which ones are people using without any rubbing issues?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Thanks for the peace of mind guys. I will be picking up my 501s this weekend so hopefully I can find a shop in my area that mount my 185 tires to the 8 inch rims. I know some of the guys on the forum rum spacers on their XB with the 501s. Which ones are people using without any rubbing issues?
10mm rear spacers

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'm running 5mm spacers, NextLevelMotoring doesn't recommend the 10's

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys. I finally picked up the beautiful wheels this weekend but the tire shop that is mounting the tires was not open so I have to wait until next Sat to put on the new shoes. I also purchased a pair of 5mm spacers when I picked up the wheels. Got a awesome deal on everything. I will post pics as soon as get everything done this coming sat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I will be mounting my tires tomorrow morning.....hopefully everything goes well. As far as I know from all my research, the 501s do no rub even if the car is lowered. The reason to run the spacers in the rear is to bring the rear wheels out a little closer to flush fit with the rear fenders. You shouldnt have any problems with rubbing even if you are not running spacers. By the way the wheels are awesome quality for the price. I have had many different wheels on my vehicles and this is one of the nicest ones for under 400 dollars I have ever owned. You cannot go wrong with the sportmax 002 or 501s if you are going to run them on an XB. great look for a great price.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
so today is saturday, you better have some pics up tomorrow or im gonna come to so cal and go papparazzi on your car! lol cool man, i bet your excited to get those things on there finally. cant wait to see it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
They won't rub, they just won't stick out the same as the fronts. The fronts stick out 9mm further from the factory, the 5mm spacers keep it from being so obvious.

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK almost all done. It has been a long day and still not over. The tire shop I took the wheels to did not have a cheetah bead expander to stretch the sidewalls, so I had to go to another shop that did and pay them to bead the tires. After I got the rims home and mounted three of the on the car I found a huge problem. I guess the tire shop who did a flat repair for my rear passanger tire a few months ago broke my wheel lock and now I cannot get my MR2 Spyder wheel off. Hopefully I can find someone that can take out the broken wheel lock tomorrow so that I can mount the last wheel. It has been a horrid day but the good thing is the wheels look great......It'll look perfect once I get the broken wheel lock out and mount the forth wheel.....:confused:

Before

After

Sorry for the blurry pics. couldnt find my tripod.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Those look really. Nice color combo. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
What did you do with your old wheels? Are those chrome? :D
I still have the Spyder wheels and yes they are chrome. I think the wheels look pretty nice on the car but the problem is the offset. They are staggered but it is hard to tell because the offset is so high. They would probably look a lot better with some spacers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts