Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a Scion rep. @ the Seattle auto show last night while checking out the new RS 4. It has a stock stereo, but sounded better than mine. The rep showed me a sweet little trick...if you hold down the SSP button for about 3 seconds a new menu will pop up. It allows you to scroll through 3 different tuning settings designed specifically for each scion car type (xA, xb, tC). Since Scion puts the same stereo in all their cars they have this system to acoustically tweak it to match each body style. He said most dealers don't know about this trick. I tried it and sure enough mine was set for a tC. As soon as I adjusted it I noticed the difference. The bass is much deeper & the all around sound is much richer. You do have to re-adjust the bass & treble settings again, but man, does it sound better. Just thought I'd share this little trick, I've never heard or seen a thread about this.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
This is in the manual that comes with your Box. All of the stock head units have it. :D

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
yeah its here

also on the very last pages of pamphlet issued to buyers, comes with other owners manual, its just for radio. mine was w/put in glove box when radio installed by dealer. if ya didnt get one ask dealer why? [w/hand held out] ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, you caught me, I was just too lazy to read the manual..lol. Guess I should look at it and see if there's any other good info. I missed.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You tried, thats what counts. ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
if all else fails read the manual..lol....i have my 05' radio set to the "xa" one and the "feel" eq setting....and it sounds sweet....when i first changed the setting my wife was in the car and we had the radio turned up and she said..."DID YOU BUY A SUB FOR YOUR CAR, It HAS WAY MORE BASS!".....i showed her what i did and she was like....oh....lol

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
And don't forget about the ASL. The volume increases and decreases as your speed goes up and down. I really miss that feature since I've changed out my headunit.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I was talking to a Scion rep. @ the Seattle auto show last night while checking out the new RS 4. It has a stock stereo, but sounded better than mine. The rep showed me a sweet little trick...if you hold down the SSP button for about 3 seconds a new menu will pop up. It allows you to scroll through 3 different tuning settings designed specifically for each scion car type (xA, xb, tC). Since Scion puts the same stereo in all their cars they have this system to acoustically tweak it to match each body style. He said most dealers don't know about this trick. I tried it and sure enough mine was set for a tC. As soon as I adjusted it I noticed the difference. The bass is much deeper & the all around sound is much richer. You do have to re-adjust the bass & treble settings again, but man, does it sound better. Just thought I'd share this little trick, I've never heard or seen a thread about this.
I ran into this thread lastnight and sure enought my stock head unit was set for a TC as well! I drove to work this morning with the Xb setting and found it to be a huge difference! Just for sh**s and giggles I changed the setting for the Xa during my lunch hour and the factory highs on the dash woke up from there hibernation and balanced out my sub! I wanted to bring this one back for the new folks just like me! Saved me from buying an aftermarket system for awhile!

Laz

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad it helped you out Laz. If it prevented anyone from unnecessarily spending money on a new stereo instead of another mod, then I've done my good deed for the day, lol!

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
very cool info. i think i'm gonna go try it now. ;)

ok, did it. it was set for xB, but the xA setting sounds so much better.

·
Scion 100,000 mile club
3,481 Posts
i read this at lunchtime today and messed with it on my way home it does make a difference. thanks Laz for bringing it up again

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I replaced my radio after 2 days of hating it. New radio sounds way better than stock. stock is stock no way around it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
LOL sometimes I forget what it is like to be a scion noob,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I have mine set for XA and FEEL. Sounds the best to me. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, here I go again, depressing the SSP gets a screen that shows TC in big letters. Should I be getting a menu and if so, how do I scroll to get to Xb
Thanks, Wally?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.