Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, it’s been a while since I posted on here. Hope all is well!

Anywho, I was cleaning out the K&N air filter and two of the clips that hold down the cover of the air cleaner box broke right off. I looked online to see if I could find just the lower part which has the clips but was only able to find the whole box or the cover piece.

Does anyone have a part number or anything that may be able to help? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
From digging through parts lists, the part number you are looking for is #17700-21050. The problem is, you are going to find full assemblies using that part number. I saw Toyota Stock had some, or check local junkyards to you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello you had any luck I have the exact same problem. @RS2SYBOX
No, I haven’t looked in a while to be honest. I ended up drilling some holes big enough for a couple of zip ties to keep it shut and it hasn’t been a problem yet.

From digging through parts lists, the part number you are looking for is #17700-21050. The problem is, you are going to find full assemblies using that part number. I saw Toyota Stock had some, or check local junkyards to you.
Thanks Doughnuts! I’ll have to take a look and see. Not sure how long my temp fix will work for, so it’d be better now than later whenever it decides to come apart.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Could I interest you in an Injen SRI BNIB? Basically my fog light assembly is in the way of the filter fitting in the space under the headlight in front bumper. I just went with aFe drop-in in oem intake and called it good. I just put the Injen stuff back in the box it came in. Also has the prefilter cover for the filter. Dunno if you are running fogs.........

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could I interest you in an Injen SRI BNIB? Basically my fog light assembly is in the way of the filter fitting in the space under the headlight in front bumper. I just went with aFe drop-in in oem intake and called it good. I just put the Injen stuff back in the box it came in. Also has the prefilter cover for the filter. Dunno if you are running fogs.........
I’d have that same issue unfortunately. If I didn’t have fogs then I’d be all over it. Thanks though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts