Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to make a step by step tutorial on how to install and wire the Bazooka tube? Pictures would be great!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess not.... Can anyone at least provide step by step procedures on how to remove the stock radio?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Three silver knobs on center console; pull off with even pressure
hidden screws under knobs, ; remove
with fingertips, grasp top of center console and pull out toward you with equal pressure, the console will unsnap and become detached
unplug the three harness for the air control system and lighter, use a small flathead scrwdiver to lift the plastic latches
with the head unit now exposed, remove 4 screws , one from each corner, gently pull the stereo out toward you a few inches untill the back clears the dash,
now unlatch the two wire harness' using the small screw driver, and then gently pull the antenna wire straight out.
this should get the unit out,
just reverse the steps to install, if you are installing a single DIN unit, you will need an adapter kit to get it to mount in the factory double-DIN space. these kits are usually available at all stereo retailers. or you can order one from '' Crutchfield.com ''.
good luck, if you need more info, just holla, as my dash is apart at the moment, and I could send you some photos that might help.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You'll start out looking like this...

Remove the three knobs in the center dash...

Remove the two screws and put them in a safe place...

Use your fingers or a small screwdriver wrapped in a towel to pull the bottom corner of the center dash loose...

Do the same thing to the other side, once both of the bottom tabs have been released, pull the entire center dash piece towards you...

You will find two more tabs at the top of the center dash piece, pull these out and the center dash piece will be released...

Disconnect the three electrical connections by depressing the tabs and pulling the connectors out...

Now you will see four 10 mm bolts holding in the radio mount. (this is an after market unit but the mounting locations are the same)...

Or if you want to go all the way you can do this...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
surfcitylocal,

Thankyou very much for your post. This was exactly what I was looking for. We should make step by step procedues with pictures for everything we do to our boxes.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Disconnect the three electrical connections by depressing the tabs and pulling the connectors out...

QUOTE]

What do you have tapped into the wires?

·
Banned
77 Posts
Rodek said:
We should make step by step procedues with pictures for everything we do to our boxes.
these topics have been covered numerous times. they've been
discussed with pictures from every angle possible by different
members on this board. most likely if you haven't done it yet
someone else has. and often members are nice enough to
provide instructions and pics.

try using the search next time

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scionetics said:
these topics have been covered numerous times. they've been
discussed with pictures from every angle possible by different
members on this board. most likely if you haven't done it yet
someone else has. and often members are nice enough to
provide instructions and pics.

try using the search next time

I agree. However, most of the step by steps I've found using the search haven't been complete or very detailed for the non-technical types. It would be very nice to have a step-by-step sticky on here somewhere. For instance a step by step with pictures to install the Bazooka Wire Harness.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rodek said:
I agree. However, most of the step by steps I've found using the search haven't been complete or very detailed for the non-technical types. It would be very nice to have a step-by-step sticky on here somewhere. For instance a step by step with pictures to install the Bazooka Wire Harness.
Also,

Most step by step installation topics on here tell you how to do things for the most part but, lack pictures.

I'm fairly new to the Box scene but, I'm pretty sure there are folks who could benefit from a step by step with pictures sticky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.