Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
glen619 said:
Has anyone installed the steering wheel with the audio controls in their xb???????? What does it entail?:confused:
Glen, you'll prolly need the wiring harness minimally. And if its the 06 set-up, maybe even that headunit also. Some manufacturers will have specific plugs in their harnesses that limit what you can and cannot use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New 06

I am buyng a new xb and I am being told that the audio controls do not come stnadard on the sterring column but on the scion website it clearly shows that is is a standard feature can anyone shed some light on this?:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rmkramer said:
I am buyng a new xb and I am being told that the audio controls do not come stnadard on the sterring column but on the scion website it clearly shows that is is a standard feature can anyone shed some light on this?:confused:

Also remember, that a lot of (read, not all) salespeople don't know squat. At the dealer I bought my Scion, it seemed like they really didnt give a sh!t about Scion. I went with a friend over the weekend to look at a TC, and it was fun, because I was calling every error the 19 year old salesperson would make. It's hilarious to have someone try to amp you up about something you know 100 times more about....

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
glen619 said:
It's hilarious to have someone try to amp you up about something you know 100 times more about....
Yes it is, especially if he is trying to sell to a friend of yours.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It is hard as hell to be a decent Scion salesperson. Scion customers are some of the most informed car buyers out there period and keeping up with their desires alone is tough as hell. I constantly sacrifice the time I should spend learning about other Toyota models just to keep up on the latest Scion stuff. It actually hurts my Toyota sales numbers pretty bad. Not everyone is willing to do that.

Anyway, Steering wheel controls are standard on the 2006.5 xBs only. Therefore, no Black Cherry and no Camo xB will have steering wheel controls. The easy way to tell this is by the price.
2006 xB = $14,420 (manual) and $15,220 (automatic)
2006.5 xB = $14,570 (manual) and $15,370 (automatic)

There you go!

-Alex

·
Registered
144 Posts
I guess my XB is only a 2006 and not a 2006.5 that sucks!! I didn't get the steering wheel audio control on mine either and mine is the Blue Onyx Pear (AKA. the "oh, I thought your car was black). I wish the XB's came with Cruise control too...that's a big bummer. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
It is hard as hell to be a decent Scion salesperson. Scion customers are some of the most informed car buyers out there period and keeping up with their desires alone is tough as hell. I constantly sacrifice the time I should spend learning about other Toyota models just to keep up on the latest Scion stuff. It actually hurts my Toyota sales numbers pretty bad. Not everyone is willing to do that.
-Alex
This is why I respect you soooo much, Bro. I know what it's like, believe me! ;)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Rowan555 said:
So will the RS 3.0 have the steering wheel controls?
Yep, it's actually in the announcement.

"Alpine DVD audio/video receiver -iPod compatible with integrated steering wheel controls"
Also, thanks Dion! I appreciate that.

-Alex

·
Registered
69 Posts
Alex is absolutly correct about the 2006.5 having the audio controls on the steering wheel and an auxillery plug by the emergency brake.

I took delivery of a 2006 Salsa Red on Jan 4th with the controls!:D

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
boxd_up said:
Three weeks ago, my 2006, straight-off-the-boat xb came with the steering controls, much to the hubby's disappointment!
Yeah, I was pretty bummed that my 2006, purchased in Oct. 2005, didn't have the controls. Yet here is hers, 3 months later, with them. However, mine does have the Aux. input by the e-brake, is this not standard in the pre-2006.5's?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
boxd_up_2 said:
Yeah, I was pretty bummed that my 2006, purchased in Oct. 2005, didn't have the controls. Yet here is hers, 3 months later, with them. However, mine does have the Aux. input by the e-brake, is this not standard in the pre-2006.5's?
Aux plug is standard on all 2006 Scions (all models). The only changes for 2006.5 xBs are the steering wheel controls, the advanced airbags, and the seat fabric.

-Alex

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
backseatchris said:
i think i will be upgrading my steering wheel in the near future then :)
Is it possible? My dealer is dragging his feet on finding out for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.