Votes: 9 69.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Should I do a manual transmission swap, or stay with my auto and mod the hell outa it?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Stick with auto and mod the hell out of it. If you wanted a 5spd, you should have gotten a 5spd. Plain and simple.

BTW, Welcome to clubxb!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow boom, thanks for the hella quick reply. I got the auto b/c it was supposed to be my wifes car, Then I realised how much fun the little box was to drive vs. my 00 Durango. Needless to say she drive the Durango now :) And is gonna let me have free reign on the B. I cant wait. I plan on doin another poll down the road, like in a year or so, about doin a V-6 Swap from a camry. Im lookin at gettin a strup cat back pretty soon. Really like the sound and look. Thanks again.

·
3,453 Posts
No problem man. the xB is a schweet car to drive. It's got a lot more spirit than people give it credit for.

Keep in mind it's not a race car (though they said that about the civic, and look at it's tuner reign) so don't expect large gains from the standard bolt-ons. There's a thread around here that talks about catback vs. axle backs, and the improvement between the 2 is minimal, about 1-2hps. However, after you go all out and open up the rest of the exhaust way, the catback definitely shines.

I currently have a CAI (snorkel) DC Sports header, Perrin lightweight pulley, and a custom axleback, and the car is sweet to drive. I'm going to finish up the exhaust after I get back from Cali (end of summer) and I'll throw it on a dyno so I can publish the gains.

Anyways, if you truly need better performance out of the car, I suggest the lightweight pulley from Perrin or Agency Power.

If I had to do it all over again, that would be my FIRST mod, and then I'da spent my money on other things....Yeah...I kinda did it backwards.

Enjoy the box man!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm an auto kindof guy myself. I believe manual trannies are only good in sports cars and trucks you tow heavy loads with. Everything else I like auto.

But who cares what I like, it's your car. Do what you like.

p.s. Boom, civic is not a sports car no matter what you do to it, just like the box. My four wheeler is faster than both :p

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I'd say go for six speed but if five is all we can get, do it!!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you are set on keeping the xb you have, stay with auto and mod. I think it would cost more to switch to 5 speed than to just trade it in on one that is already is 5 speed. I would trade it for one that is manual, I will never own anything but stick myself.

·
3,453 Posts
The cold steel of my trident has been lustfully tasting for blood as of late. Deliver pics, or forever shall you be branded with the Boombox seal of pic-less entity!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Give the auto back to your wife, trade the durango for a stick. Now you have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First off.... Thanks for all the input. I have been on forums where the peeps are plain A$$HOLES, as in post a ? and wait 3 mo still no answers, You guys are great!!! Love tuners!!

2ND, Boom, thanks for the advice, I think i will go with the pulley first.

3rd, Gargamel, What kinda quad you have, a bored out banshee

4th, Pics are comin, Please dont spear me with your trident Neptunus Rex (you know who Im talkin about if your a shellback) has already dun so. I want to wash the whee beastie b4 I post some pics. By monday Ill have some for yall.

5th, Eggs, I thought about that alredy, the Mrs. didnt go for it. She wants a 4X in the fam. I do to, for fun reasons like playin in the mud, campin, and stuff.... Plus Im in NW WA it gets icy here and sometimes I need somethin that can go through a foot plus of snow.

But mostly thanks for the info guys. Im impressed. xB 1st Gen RULE!!!

·
3,453 Posts
No problem NavyCamo. There's at least 10 people on here who will tell you the pulley is a much needed upgrade. Easier up hills, less on the gas pedal, more on the mpg....It's not just for adding 9whp, probably the most worth it perf mod out there outside F/I.

BTW, dirty or not, I wanna see pics up tomorrow. ASAP!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well GOD dammit. Pics you shall have!!!! Sheesh ur pushy boom. Bee back in 10.

·
Registered
552 Posts
3rd, Gargamel, What kinda quad you have, a bored out banshee
you would be correct, but I should of said old quad cause I had to sell the shee to pay for school

Plus Im in NW WA it gets icy here and sometimes I need somethin that can go through a foot plus of snow.
I feel ya on that, I'm 2" lowered and I have no problems driving till the snow gets over 8". Then the hump in the middle of the road is higher than my front lip on the xB. That's when we use the wife's 4x4 Tribute to get around cause my car is done till the plows go through.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how do I upload some pics?

·
3,453 Posts
LOL. Pics are what makes us xB-ers happy man. Whether it's stock or heavily modified, we want you to be proud of your new addiction.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How you do that?!?!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.