Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im starting to build a subwoofer enclosure for my new setup which consists of 4 12s..this will be my first time on a project like this and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers...

·
Registered
198 Posts
what kind of box? sealed ported? make sure you have the right amount of air space for your subs. are you going to do mdf, fiberglass?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive got nothign but stuff on paper....Im thinkin fiberglass but i dont have a problem using MDF to be honest...thought fiberglasss would be easier for 4 12sa

·
Registered
198 Posts
it all depends, ive got mdf on the back side of my box with a fiberglass front youd never know unless you laid the back seats down. Fiberlgassing isnt really hard just takes alot of body work. Are you gunna have it painted our are you just gunna cover it, have you worked with fiberglass before? If it was me id do the half and half box if possible that way you still get the fiberglass look but dont have to do the entire thing. Lets hear or see some of your ideas so we can give ya some tips if needed.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think looking at getting her painted once completed, I havent had a good chance to sit down with my car and visualize anything that could work, i wanted to have the subs firiing down and have the amps somewhere crazy but i just havent had a chance to look at it yey

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are you keeping your spare tire? cause that frees up alot of room. What kind of subs are you running? Would they look good inverted because you could do like to inverted and two the normal way. Also what kind of amps, how many, and how big? You could mount those in the rear windows or make some type of rack over the subs which would look sweet.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im running a powerbass setup which consists of 4 3XL subs which will be powered by 2 1500 watt amps, then two sets of 6.5 speakers and a pair of 4in speakers, tweeters and what nto powered by a 385 amp. I was over @ HIN in SD last night and i saw some pretty sick setups, I was thinking about placeing a pair of speakers in the hatch but freak who knows...i need to pull the old one out and start thinkin of ideas.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Fiberglass Xb

I thought you where suppse to run mdf bottom, sides, and little on the front the circles for the subs and all support. Then you run the screen over it and a couple layers of glass. They said your last box caved in because it didnt have enough support on the sides.

·
Registered
198 Posts
you dont have to run mdf at all as long as your fiberglass is strong enough, you need to make rings for your subs out of mdf but thats about it, yo can form fit the fiberglass to the botom of your car and use that instead of a mdf bottom or back, you can also use fleece to strecth over your box, in some instances its easier

·
Registered
198 Posts
if your not sure how to do it, do a google search on fiberglass and theres a few sites on how to do it, and luminicsbulbs who's box where you talking about caving in? cause it wasnt mine.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Scotts talking about my box right now, its starting to cave in a little bit, the people didnt place enough structure in it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.